New brakes!

MasterAuron

Very Senior Member
Car
Mk1 Focus RS
What £2.3k's worth of AP CP5555 6-pots and 362mm rotors looks like ;)

AP6-pots.jpg

50pence piece for scale:

AP.jpg

DS3000 pads, braided HEL lines and ATE Super Blue should make sure it stops well :lol::lol:

Wow! Those brakes are the absolute business MA :love: All that overtime recently has paid off handsomely for you I see; when are they going on to the RS? :bigsmile:

Sweet. You'll need very strong engine mounts as well, or on the first sign of heavy braking the car will stop and the engine will just rip itself out of the front of the car. :lol:

Wow! Those brakes are the absolute business MA :love: All that overtime recently has paid off handsomely for you I see; when are they going on to the RS? :bigsmile:

As soon as my other tin of fluid arrives chap, as I could only find one! Might change to springs too at the same time but we will see how I'm feeling. Plenty more goodies on the way or waiting to go on, cheers Corby Power Ltd :lol::lol::lol:

Haha the Brembo brake setup was pretty sharp with DS2500's tbh so God knows what these are going to be like :amazed:

AP make very good brakes, but at ridiculous prices.

Havng said that, my dampers will cost a similar amount.

Last edited:
Pretty expensive those dampers OG, would I know the make or are they specific to drag racing?

Last edited:
Pretty expensive then dampers OG, would I know the make or are they specific to drag racing?

Black Art Design.

http://www.blackartdesigns.com/id1.html

The 1.88" ID Coilovers with 3-way remote canisters.

Not specific for drag racing, but with 3 way adjustability they can be tuned for whatever I am doing (street/drag/sprint/hill climb).

I had to fill in 3 spreadsheets of info (roll centre, corner wreights, roll bar dims, suspension movement, etc, etc, etc. so they will be custom made for my specific project, hence the cost :-(

Last edited:
Black Art Design.

http://www.blackartdesigns.com/id1.html

The 1.88" ID Coilovers with 3-way remote canisters.

Not specific for drag racing, but with 3 way adjustability they can be tuned for whatever I am doing (street/drag/sprint/hill climb).

I had to fill in 3 spreadsheets of info (roll centre, corner wreights, roll bar dims, suspension movement, etc, etc, etc. so they will be custom made for my specific project, hence the cost :-(

Wow! I had no idea that you could do anything like that for a damper :amazed:
I shall keep the website in my files for future reference. I will look into this some more next year before the AWD for my baby gets fitted, thanks OG ;)

The owner, John, is very knowedgable and helpful. You are dealing with the guy that actually makes the dampers and they will be specific for your car, not the closest fit from a limited range.

If interested, I can send you the spreadsheets I had to fill in to give you an idea of the depth of detail that is required.

The owner, John, is very knowedgable and helpful. You are dealing with the guy that actually makes the dampers and they will be specific for your car, not the closest fit from a limited range.

If interested, I can send you the spreadsheets I had to fill in to give you an idea of the depth of detail that is required.

Yes please, thank you very much OG.

Why did you choose AP, MA?

Because they came up at such a good price, I couldn't refuse :lol: They've done approx 800 miles so they are not brand new. Standardish brakes are great for road but I want to get some track days under my belt and these are the best you can get off the shelf for the car. I'm done with the hassle of custom parts!

Any particular reason you ask?

Because I just think, although almost a requirement for serious race cars, they are overpriced and overkill for normal humans when new. However, getting them in an almost new condition for a good price is a no brainer.

Well I have seen and heard that engine of yours Sleeper, and yes I would say that the AP brakes are a serious must have on your car :bigsmile:

Because I just think, although almost a requirement for serious race cars, they are overpriced and overkill for normal humans when new. However, getting them in an almost new condition for a good price is a no brainer.

I agree, I was happy with the Brembo setup but couldn't say no at what I paid. Would I pay £2.3k for them? No way, but the bloke that bought them did!

How cool does that look :bigsmile: Don't forget to throw down an old sixpence in the street MA so that we can see you stopping on it for the effect :lol:

Your a very lucky man! :bigsmile:

nice set of stoppers. Good job I'm not a tailgater. My car stops extremely well indeed but those have got to be eyeball poppingly savage!!

I'm off to Sandwell and Dudley soon, perhaps you can give me a VIP demo :)

Yeah HDi that would be cool! Car is awaiting a new turbo and manifold atm, have the manifold and going to pick the turbo up on Friday so she should be back on the road in a week with a bit of time!

Haha I will have to use a penny T9 as that's all I can afford :(

Yeah HDi that would be cool! Car is awaiting a new turbo and manifold atm, have the manifold and going to pick the turbo up on Friday so she should be back on the road in a week with a bit of time!

Haha I will have to use a penny T9 as that's all I can afford :(

Or my pinch penny car :) ?

Do you have to use a particular bedding in procedure before you are able to use the brakes in anger MA? I know I had to on the last two big brake upgrades that I had, although this was all taken care off for me by the garage beforehand.

That's some serious stopping power you have there. Have you fitted uprated hoses and fluid to go with it? Them things cost more than what my cars worth! I'm sticking with OE until such time something comes up that won't break the bank as I cannot justify the expense. They do the look the mutts though :bigsmile:

Yes Stamford, HEL lines and Superblue fluid although I'm yet to fill up with fluid and bleed them. DS3000 pads for these calipers are £244 a set for the front so I best try never to use them lol.

Normally there would be a bedding in procedure (for the pads mainly) but as they are used the last owner has taken care of that.

Hope it has the speed to match the brakes now! Most people forget the brakes when modifying, concentrating too much on power and forgetting how to slow it all down. I sometimes check out the ex-BTCC stuff for sale and think what if!

Brakes are probably the most important thing on track after tyres, and I want to start tracking it as much as possible once it's ready. Turbo and manifold going on this weekend and I'm hoping for 350hp at the flywheel, so it should have the speed to match the brakes :D

That'll be plenty! Hope the driveshafts can cope :blink1: I know someone with around 320 on a later Focus and it eats driveshafts. Think he has other issues causing this but not heard from him in a while.

There are FRS' running in excess of 500bhp on standard running gear, no problems at all. Is it an RS model or a normal model as they are very different? If it's an RS there must be underlying issues.