new at this

dewkid

Car
volvo 780 2.3turbo
hi I am from somerset ky and have a rare 1990 volvo 780 bertone 2.3 turbo i am hopefully going to get it up to be a higher preformance car but i do not know a whole lot about turbos. i currently own two other volvos along with this one both 740s. one used to be a turbo but was removed and made naturaly aspirated before I bought it.I would like to change out my turbo but do not know what kind of pressure the engine can handle.I am all ears if anyone has suggestions on it that would be great.

Hi there and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

The Volvo turbo engines are pretty solid and can handle a fair bit of extra boost in the main. What is the engine code of your model and I'll see what I can dig up for you.

Also feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"!

Keep us up to date with your projects as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Thanks guys! The model of the engine is a b230ft and the fuel injection is a bosch jetronic. this engine does not have an egr valve. I have installed a blow off valve for the next turbo. I also installed an adjustible mass air flow sonsor. Are there any other mods that i will need to make for upgrades to work.
thanks

Dewkid

Thanks guys! The model of the engine is a b230ft and the fuel injection is a bosch jetronic. this engine does not have an egr valve. I have installed a blow off valve for the next turbo. I also installed an adjustible mass air flow sonsor. Are there any other mods that i will need to make for upgrades to work.
thanks

Dewkid

Hey! you have exactly the car I want to get - great car for tuning...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back