New and wondering if there were any icelanders here

Hi Hansi welcome to the site. I think you might be the first - but there is sure to be loads more soon - now you have joined so watch this space. What is the tuning scene like in Iceland then?

There is a lot going on and just reasently the 1/4 mile club had a show of their best viecles(I hop I'm writing it right). There aren't many stors who sell sports and race gear for cars hear but there are a few. I do know a few people that are tuning their cars and when I get a car myself I will probably start doing it myself if I have the mony.

The tuning sceene her in Iceland is actually pretty colorful but most people tune theyr cars for mountin trips, with bigger tires and computer chips. I am around that kind of cars alot because I am in the rescue team here in Dalvík but I think my car will be more like a powerful sportscar or an American Muscle.

Sounds good - you'll be surprised how quickly tuning will take off. What got you into tuning then?

What car do you think you will get then Hansi? Welcome to Torquecars as well mate.

I don't know what got me into tuning but a few people in my family are mecanics and I have allways been very much into cars. I have been helping my uncle fixing his cars and I allways know when someone in my family has a new car.
Allthough I don't know what got me into tuning I suspect it could be one of my uncles. We are both veary much car inthusiasts (hope I'm writing it right) and w can spend hours just talking about cars.

I am hoping to get a Camaro to tune first to bee street legal drag car and then when I have got myself another car I will tune it completly for the drag strip and use it to race.

A camaro would be a good starter for you - sound like you'll be into drag racing :wink: .

Have you ever had any scary moments in the rescue team vehicle?

The rescuing is fun but I cant drive the rovers because I'm not old enough. Training on the cars starts at 18 years and takes up to a year. I can drive the ski doo and the artic cat we have and the boat. I can't go to rescue missions eather because that's 18 years old limit there but I am taking courses to learn how to be a rescuer but I am in security in some bigger events like the great fish day wich is every summer in my town and we often go to trips around the countrey.

I am very much into drag racing and the muscle car thing so the camaro would be a great start for me. I think that after I had bought that I wouldn't sell it again but just modify it more and more.

Hansi said:
I am very much into drag racing and the muscle car thing so the camaro would be a great start for me. I think that after I had bought that I wouldn't sell it again but just modify it more and more.
That seems to be the way with Muscle cars - they seem to last a long time too so you wont be wasting your time and effort. I would recommend getting a long term plan in mind so you don't have to undo things you start tuning at some point in the future. (If you want to supercharge avoid lowering the compression etc....)

Yes. My uncle owns a Doge Challenger and has used it for drag racing and it is still running as new.

And thanks for the tip about tuning. I guess it is better that you have a long term plan so you don't have to waist money and time to redo or undo things. :)

I haven't.... ... .... ... .... yet ... .... ... .... why not convince me to come over. Do you bit for Tourism and promote Iceland! :D

Maybe I will do that. But if you come you shold come in 17. of june to Akureyri to Bíladagar or Car days. 17. of june is Icelands national holliday and on Akureyri there are car shows, street drag racing and a burnout competition and alot more.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back