Never ending project

RobCaro

Wrench Pro
Car
03FordEscape3.0v6
Hi, I look forward to learning and hopefully help someone, I have a 03 Ford Escape xlt 3.0 duratec v6 awd/4x4 my inspiration to have this as a project is the Noble m400 when I saw what they had done with the engine I was determined to do my own build, I am on my 3rd rebuild, 1st was standard pistons and decked heads (more compression), 2nd rebuild had .30 oversized pistons same cylinder heads as before, now 3rd rebuild with
40 oversized pistons with stock cylinder heads, also have done other things like SCTX4 power programmer, Jet Performance mass air flow sensor, Edelbrock air intake filter, a/c and power steering delete , Whiteline links and rear adjustable control arms, body work, interior gutted and seeing what else I would like the do since I don't have an idea what exactly I want to do with the project, I guess I would like it to do everything well, don't have to be the fastest or the quickest just something different

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it. Are you looking for track mods or fast road?

Thought of turbocharging it?

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it. Are you looking for track mods or fast road?

Thought of turbocharging it?

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.
Thanks again, I have been reading up on a few things I wanted to know more about, I appreciate what you have going on here. I have had many cars,

my first car under my name was a 79 BMW 320i that I bought of the original owner, he had bought it new in germany and imported it to the states,

I had 2 cars before that BMW or should I say me and my dad had 66 Mustang 289 red with black pony interior

and a 70 Camaro RS 350 also red with a black interior.

I have had a 77 celica, 85 celica SR5, 81 Datsun 200sx, 86 Nissan truck, 85 mazda rx7, 87 Buick Regal, 91 Accord 4 door, 92 Accord coupe, I think it was an 93 or 94 Infinity Q45, 75 Monte Carlo

and a few others and that's not counting my brother, sister and parents cars that I had to take care of, checking fluid levels, washing and whatever else the cars would need I did it. I had a car for everyday of the week, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It is funny how some cars stick in our heads and others drop out. We seem to remember the good and bad ones!

We had a 1.3 Corolla and it was so boring we often walked past in the car park, no one ever recognised us in it when we were out an about. We had no trouble at all with it, and it was cheap to run etc... just really really average and boring.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back