Neighbours garage on fire

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
My neighbours garage was on fire in the early hours of this morning!

It looks like his car caught fire and it has made a pretty bad mess. When it gets light I'll go out and have a nose and see what happened!

I thought I lived in a boring area where nothing happened! Now I guess the question is, what causes a parked car in a garage to catch fire in the early hours of the morning?

oh dear that dont sound good, does sound abit suspect though, i know of people cars that hve gone up in flames but they had either been driving them or had just parked them up, not stone cold sat in a garage.

could have been something in the garage though and not the car

Years ago my work pick up caught fire as I was driving, I pulled over and had flames coming from under the rear, I had a quick look and the rear harness was on fire so grabbed a pair of tin snipes and cut the harness....drove home rebuilt the harness, went off to work..2 miles up the road I turned the radio on and smoke started to fill the cab, pulled over and started to rip the radio out to discover the ground wire was touching the live and causing a short.....this was the reason for the 1st fire, so fixed that on the roadside and all was well, before the fire I had been driving the pick up for 5 years without a fault, so just goes to show...anytime anyplace one wire can come adrift...

It looks like the fire started in the garage itself, perhaps wiring or a freak chemical accident. They had a nice BMW 135 outside the garage and the flames practically destroyed the front end of the car. :( No One was hurt or injured and the fire brigade came very quickly.

It looks like the fire started in the garage itself, perhaps wiring or a freak chemical accident. They had a nice BMW 135 outside the garage and the flames practically destroyed the front end of the car. :( No One was hurt or injured and the fire brigade came very quickly.

whoooo hooooooooo points to me lol :)

seriously though glad no one was hurt, could have been alot worse, cars etc can be replaced lives cant.

one of the lads i know parked his car up at work 10 mins later someone said his alarm was going off so he looked out of the office window to see why and saw his car go up in flames......... :(

:lol: I know MA! I walked past 3 times today with a camera in hand but there was someone there each time. I didn't think they would appreciate me taking a snap shot of their disaster! :(

I'll still try and see what I can get!

If it does i've not found the button yet! I wouldn't one to launch one of the SAM's by mistake would I now?