Need to borrow a small Generator....

MasterAuron

Very Senior Member
From
379bhp 359lbft
Car
Mk1 Focus RS
Has anybody local got one they can lend me for a day or two? I'll come and pick it up and drop if back off and promise I won't run off with it? lol. Only needs to be small to run a 240v grinder and drill.

£40-odd quid for a weekday rental! Sod that, might as well buy one!

MasterAuron

Very Senior Member
From
379bhp 359lbft
Car
Mk1 Focus RS
Cool, I'll come and grab it tomorrow :lol: Sorry dude should have said that it needs to be relativeley local! It's a long shot really but can't hurt to try.

HDi fun

TC ModFather
From
Buckinghamshire UK
Car
Passat 2.0 TDi
You could probably get a 100w inverter for around £40. Should be adequate for a grinder and drill. What's the wattage rating of the devices concerned?

You won't get a generator set for that amount.

Inverters can produce quite 'dirty' AC; so can cheap generators, but if you're only running single speed synchronous AC motors this should not be a problem. Anything with electronically (rather than by gearing) variable speed then it probably won't work.

jarrus

Pro Tuner
From
West Midlands, UK
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
lol kebab van....

I have a Honda one in the garage thats fairly compact, not sure if it still works though,

it's about the size of a travel case it's not heavy or massive, not sure what the output wattage is though

MasterAuron

Very Senior Member
From
379bhp 359lbft
Car
Mk1 Focus RS
lol kebab van....

I have a Honda one in the garage thats fairly compact, not sure if it still works though,

it's about the size of a travel case it's not heavy or massive, not sure what the output wattage is though
Fancy having a look? Might be worth a try, sling you a tenner beer money if it works, powers my grinder and I can borrow it for a day or two?