Need suggestions on future car choice

Car
Passat B5 1.9 TDI
So guys i own a 1998 vw passat 1.9 tdi atm,but the problem is since i moved to this city to attend university its a bit too big car,not that i cant park good but i need something that can fit better.So can you guys please suggest me any good diesel hatchbacks year 2000 and above with a budget of max 4000 euros.

Ford Focus TDCi 1.8 is a nice drive. Not sure about availability in Macedonia but if you find one it's well worth a look. Welcome to torque cars.

I have saw few 2004 or so focuses they're nice however if you can provide some arguments pros and cons on cars you suggest that'd be lovely.Thanks for the welcome cheers ;)

I am biased against VW products as I currently run a Passat 2.0 TDi PD. It has proven to be expensive to maintain and it's nowhere near as reliable as I imagine your earlier one to be.

The Ford 1.8 TDCi is a well proven car now, it's been around since 1998 and the TDCi engines joined the lineup in year 2000.
4000 Euro should give you a choice of plenty of desirable vehicles. It's always a bit of a gamble buying used cars and it's important to buy with your head, not your heart. A Nissan Almera is not exciting to drive, for example, but it probably will never go wrong.

Let's have a look around and see if anything else appears that might fall outside the mass market radar.

Are you LHD in Macedonia?

I am biased against VW products as I currently run a Passat 2.0 TDi PD. It has proven to be expensive to maintain and it's nowhere near as reliable as I imagine your earlier one to be.

The Ford 1.8 TDCi is a well proven car now, it's been around since 1998 and the TDCi engines joined the lineup in year 2000.
4000 Euro should give you a choice of plenty of desirable vehicles. It's always a bit of a gamble buying used cars and it's important to buy with your head, not your heart. A Nissan Almera is not exciting to drive, for example, but it probably will never go wrong.

Let's have a look around and see if anything else appears that might fall outside the mass market radar.

Are you LHD in Macedonia?
Yeah steering wheel is on left side of car :D so i guess right hand drive i dont really know opposite of UK really :D.Even my vw was expensive to maintain i mean,i bought it for 3300 euros and ended up investing another 700 so it runs normally.Within 2 months sensors in engine computer started fail so had to get a new computer,due to the sensors the turbo got false information and didnt inject fuel into engine so car barely reached 80 km/h and wouldnt go anymore up and also when in wet weather it tended to stall for no reason due to sensors again which is dangerous as you probably know like imagine steering in a turn and when car stalls suddenly your steering wheel locks up aaaand had to install new brake discs because ones it had were rusted and made the whole car tremble when braking harder.It was a stupid decision back then as if i didnt know any better for some reason.

I have a 2004 Focus TDCI, 1.8, it hasn't had to have anything done beyond routine servicing and consumables and front suspension arms, in the 9 years we've owned it. That said it is only on 59k so I can't comment on their longevity. The engine does seem strong though.

Here i can find a focus mk2 for around 4k euros,you're probably talking about mk1 focus i dont like it because its interrior is rather ugly.

What about fitting the ST or RS interior into a mk1 focus? There are some real bargains to be had in the breakers yards.

What about fitting the ST or RS interior into a mk1 focus? There are some real bargains to be had in the breakers yards.
Yeah i checked some pics out of that interior but i only saw the difference in seats and steering wheel,dashboards and vents on it still ugly AF.
Or just buy an RS! Dieselschemiesel.
Where do i get a 4000 euro focus DIESEL RS if only you read the first post.

Having fixed various problems with your Passat it might be worth keeping it rather than heading into unknown territory with another car.

Good point ill probably keep it for a year or so longer.Now another problem came out, once it reaches operating temp 90° it starts to shake when stopped at a traffic light, but its no big problem I was told I need to tighten the holders on the engine.