Need some help as wiring up some projector headlights

hough

Road Burner
Car
VW T5 swb 2.5tdi
Hey can anybody here please help, I'm looking at fitting a set of projector lens highlights to a VW T5 but I'm a little stuck,

The Original fitting for the vw t5 is a H4 bulb so 3 wires 1) earth 2) pos low beam 3) pos high beam the projector light which I'm thinking of fitting is as follows 2 wires for the H1 bulb 1) earth 2) pos and two on the projector to select high beam again 1) earth 2) pos

How do I make this work lol

Just to add the projector uses one H1 bulb and has a solenoid switch to change the beam from low to high

Last edited:
I've been told by my local mot garage this is legal but I just need to work out how to wire the h1 light to the h4 harness inc the high low Solenoid switch

People can have selective memory loss if and when things go pear shaped so I would get the approval in writing if possible.

I had all the mods on my last car all engineered and approved and a mod plate with the approval numbers engraved on the plate fixed in the engine bay as per the regs.

Plan for the worst and hope for the best is a good way to go IMO

I was gonna modify a spare set of old headlights which I have, when done the mot garage is gonna check the lights and beam pattern if ok then I will fit them to the van

So gonna get then checked and only fitting them if they pass