need info

Aziz

Car
nissan
Hi all

Need as much info as possible about Nissan engine ka24de I am going the turbo route ,turbo kits, engine limitation, ETC

Regards,

Compression ratio of 9.5:1 is a problem, the 91-94 engines ran at 9.0:1

The stock NASP engine can be tuned to around 200bhp safely but to go over that you need to spend quite a bit of money. Lowering the compression ratio and increasing the fuel delivery are the two main issues you have.

Timing alterations, are also tricky, you will probably be better off going for a replacement ECU.

The 300zx rb20det twin turbo engine would make a good donor for an engine swap, this will net a large power gain and ensure reliability.

Obi San the 300zx has/had a 3 litre V6 and was made in turbo and NA & RB20DET was in early Skylines.
IF he is rebuilding it with forged internals then the CR will not be a problem as lower CR pistons are available

Obi San the 300zx has/had a 3 litre V6 and was made in turbo and NA & RB20DET was in early Skylines. IF he is rebuilding it with forged internals then the CR will not be a problem as lower CR pistons are available

Where can I fined low CR pistons for the ka24de if there any ?
how much is a forged rotating assembly for RB20 + Turbo kit?
Do you think its possible to fined engine block in good condition ? (these blocks were made in 90s)
is it reasonably priced ....... and easy to fined parts for the RB20 ?

Last edited:
I would source a good used engine and then get it reconditioned and specced to suit your target.

Don't fiddle with this little bit then realise you need to do something else, plan your whole build carefully. How much power/reliability do you want. Where do you want the torque band to sit, how does this compare with your gearing etc...

I would blueprint and balance an engine build and probably get it cryo treated if I was starting out, just to give the best base to work from.

Thank you all. I made up my mined all I need is a good turbo kit. how many extra HP I will get with a stock engine 2.4l 16 valve twin cam the engine is just did a 51000 KM
I NEED A GGOD SOURCE FOR A TURBO KIT