Torque Cars

Need info!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other makes and models' started by boyinblue9477, 28 October 2007.

1. boyinblue9477

boyinblue9477 Newbie

bladenboro, NC
    I have a 1996 SAAB 900SE 2.0 Turbo 5-Speed.

1. Can i remove the factory air box and add a aftermarket filter.
    2.How do i get that loud chirp from my turbo between gears? :twisted:

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    1. yes can be done very easily.
    look for a cold air intake which sits away from the engine to reduce intake temp

2. add a blow off valve or atmospheric dump valve, in plae of the standard valve

3. bodean30

bodean30 New member

liberty
    Car:
    87 z31 nissan
    Iv got a nissan z31 na. Iv looked at a lot of forems about doing an na tourbo, but all them say i need to change my frunt crossmember so to make room for the turbo. I saw a few cars on rads where thay had the torbo mounted up top but it could of been a two stage/ small into big turbo. Any way how do i turbo my car without changing my crossmember?

4. claymore

claymore The Torque Meister

Shrewsbury
    Car:
    T-10k,
    I think you have a bit more to worry about than your crossmember.

5. bodean30

bodean30 New member

liberty
    Car:
    87 z31 nissan
    Not really. The crossmember is the hardest to find. Then i can get a turbo kit, exhaust manifold, intercooler, exc.

6. davalav

davalav Moderator

Essex, England
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S R56
    Such as forged internals, custom inlet manifold to support the turbo. It's harder then it sounds, and costs mega loads.