Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By Westair on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 12:41 pm: Edit

Some ideas of VW campers from this page

http://westairmarketing.freeservers.com

By alanVdub on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 03:24 pm: Edit

Hi, im based in Suffolk, and am looking at buying a camper van! Not to informed about them though, where can i get info, and what would you recomend?

By Xavier (Xav) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 03:29 pm: Edit

Hi alan, join the camper clan! Once you'll start you'll be addicted. It depends what you are looking for, and how much money you can spend. They sell for anything between £1500 (for a ratted one!) up to £10000 (for a show quality one). Generally you'd be looking at 5-6K for a good standard bus. If you want style, aim to get the 'Samba' model! Its probably the most sought after van, but prices are high! For a general blat around - or holiday bus - a lot of people find that the average 'Bay window' does the works!

Carbs

By Dave Tighe on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:42 am: Edit

I just got my 78 2ltr Camper on the road, which is superb but I find she only does about 20mpg. Any ideas, I have had her tuned already. Should I replace the carbs, it seems the only way to go, as she has two of them and they seem very thirsty.

By Anonymous on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 12:29 pm: Edit

Try driving at 1/3 throttle every where and keep revs between 1500 and 2500. This should give about 5-7 mpg more alone if it doesn't then there is a problem with the setup try a different carb or a carb cleaner. Add Michelin Energy tyres. A smaller exhaust and air intake will also help but increased fuel economy = lower power. Have you treated the engine with X1 superlube or slick 50 or anything like that? This can help reduce the fuel consumtion and you should also check that there is not exessive friction in the hubs.