Need help on my Rover 25

Sundy01

Hi

I was wondering if you could help me with this problem i am having with my Rover 25, i dn't no if this is a real problem as this is my first car.

Anyway, i am having a little problem with power, as i live on a hill, when changing from 1st to second, it seems to loose all momentam and this is a problem, also if you could help me with good quailty parts that could help with power that would be Appreciated

Thanks,

Steven

HI Steven welcome to Torquecars.
You lose momentum on a hill. Hmmm... have you done any modifications to the car? What speed do you change up to second. The power band on the Rover 25 comes in at about 2500-3000 so ideally you need to keep the engine at least in this area when going up a hill.

Thanks very much, that was when i normally changed around the 2500-3000 mark so that could be the problem, thank you very much, i havent done any mods to it yet, can you give me any hints?

The 1.4 Rover engine can be swapped for the 1.8 VVC I believe that a head swap alone is also possible with some creative mapping. As this is your first car I would keep the modifications for your next better and faster car.

I think the 1 mod that would give you the most fun in the 25 would be slightly stiffer springs and gas shocks.

Hi,I also have Rover 25 1.4 83 bhp should I change the throttle intake from 40 to 90
will the engine still work OK
I also have a pipercross induction kit on it should i try anything else re map or up grade the throttle intake to a 160 trophy
cheers
Rog
The 1.4 Rover engine can be swapped for the 1.8 VVC I believe that a head swap alone is also possible with some creative mapping. As this is your first car I would keep the modifications for your next better and faster car.

I think the 1 mod that would give you the most fun in the 25 would be slightly stiffer springs and gas shocks.

A larger TB i.e 52mm has been proven to loose power on the 1.4. The only engine to really benefit is the 143bhp VVC 1.8 engine.

Agreed that the VVC inlet manifold doesn't immediately fit, the 1.4, because of lining up issues. It is only until recently that the VVC set up has been successfully used on the 1.6 K series engine.

As outlined by Munday (apart from larger TB), those are the basic mods to do to a 1.4.

After that, i would personally get a bigger engined car, or do a 2.0 T16 Turbo conversion for some real power.

Cheers

Dave

i cheated and used another threads answer onthis one.

also look toward exhaust, cams and fuel pressure reg

Can't swap heads on the 1.4...well you can but there is no point. The 1.4 1.6 and 1.8 all share the same head, VVC head will go on by valves will catch the liners so it's a no go.