Need Help in Painting

nseries

Tuner
Car
Lancer GLX 95
Hi guys,

I need help on painting the scratch that someone has done to my rear bumper.Here i upload a picture for reference.basically what things do i need to get? Like what kind of sandpaper,need a primer and some basic steps of DIY.

Also,i upload a picture of my car roof which shows some rust too.I just want to know how to re-paint it so it wont always show the rusting again.

Really appreciate for some helps.

Thanks guys.

Best Regards,

ToNy

Hi guys,

I need help on painting the scratch that someone has done to my rear bumper.Here i upload a picture for reference.basically what things do i need to get? Like what kind of sandpaper,need a primer and some basic steps of DIY.

Also,i upload a picture of my car roof which shows some rust too.I just want to know how to re-paint it so it wont always show the rusting again.

Really appreciate for some helps.

Thanks guys.

Best Regards,

ToNy

mate not sure whether its the lighting on you pics but it looks like a pearl paint finish if it is the repairs will have to be done professionally

I'll do an article on rust removal. There is already some articles on plastic painting which will help with the rear bumper. The critical thing with rust is to remove all traces of rust, if it goes right through the metal you'll need to cut it away and fill.

Use a fine grit of wet and dry 4-500 should do it. When dry this will key the surface for the paint. When wet you get a smooth finish on the paint.

Rust killers convert the rust into a primable surface. Sand the area right back and apply a rust killer. Paint thin coats, sand, paint again thin coats building up the layers. Then apply a clearcoat and polish, then wax it and you are done.

Thanks Wayne,

I guess i will wait for your article on removing the rust on my car's roof top.So for the rear bumper, there shouldn't be any problem because there isn't any rust on it.Do i apply the same way? :For eg: Paint thin coats,sand,paint again thin coats building up the layers and apply clearcoat and polish after that.

If your car is standard and not been resprayed you can take it to your local dealer and thier body shop will be able to match a tin for you. I got some done by honda to refurb my wheels and its a perfect match.

Yeah but i have actually asked around at my local dealer and the quotation that they gave me was a shock.Its really expensive just for them to mix a tin of paint for me.(Maybe this is an old car )

I would prefer DIY,if worse case, i will bring to some bodyworkshop which i can ask around and look at samples too.Price are negotiable too.

heya, shame about the roof i had some knob scratch there name into mine, and well i was told that the whole roof would have to be sprayed as it the roof is obvious to see when its been patched up.
im not sure where you are located but i have managed to find a company that are cheap they are located in south croydon, (revive auto innovations - 07864093842) if local try them. they quated me full refurb of my alloys + spray dif colour and general scuff and sratch repair £300 which isnt to bad?