Need an economical car that is fun

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What would you recommend to someone who needs to buy a fun car that is also economical and practical?

It must have 4 doors, return a combined fuel economy of at least 44mpg and be fun to drive!

What can you think of that fits this criteria?

yankfan100

Tuner
Car
MG ZS IXL DTi
MY personal pref: Audi A4DTi re-map or a Rover 75 DTi re-map ,,both give exelant mpg & as safe as houses, reliable cheap parts,, only draw back with the Audi is the screen blower, i wrote mine off in the pitch black, no street lights & only doing 25 mph 'cos in 2 secs the screen misted up & they dont have switches, its touch control, u have to keep pressing the button to get max blow & its not easy to hit the button that quick,,,but the Rover giver great power, very comffy ride & a good range of models, check the specs,,,, i just got an MG zs dti,,54mph,,no joke,,& i use the loud pedal,,frequently,,,thats why i say Rover/MG,,,BETTER THAN U THINK & NOT AN OLD MANS CAR BY ANY MEANS... hope that helps mate. TTFN

yankfan100

Tuner
Car
MG ZS IXL DTi
OK guys .. the 330d beamer is too juicy,,,,Octavias usualy EX taxi's, ,Leon ok but only 45mpg & heavy on ins:, Golf,well not a lot u can say rearly, cheap n chearful & a bit basic, but ok, the bigger VW's would be ok if low milage & full service history...but for econ: you've gotta go DTi,,,no question..