Need Advice please

Teenager2413

Torque Junkie
Car
Honda Civic EP2
Hey everyone as you all know i have a 1.6 astra sxi and i was wondering ive been doing some digging and i have found that my engine is the same as the corsa vxr engigne does anyone have any advice about how easy it would be to turbo my car i know i would have to map the ecu etc but what about internals any ideas

many thanks

It's not the same at all apart from block and head. Pistons, rods, combustion chambers etc will all be different as the turbo model will have much lower geometric compression ratio. Plus cooling and oil systems will be different.

It'll cost thousands. Better to buy the car you want and insure as standard rather than try and insure a modified car.

okay thank you after looking i have decided that im just gunna lightly tune the car due to lack of funds and the milage i cover i see that we have a sponser that deals with tuning boxes that is on the list of parts also i have look at the air filter colum and i can not decide between the k&n air box kit or do i just get the panel filter and have a modifing session any further advice please ???