need advice on uprating my clutch.

catellkai

Car
seat leon cupra tdi
Hi i own a 04 seat leon cupra tdi which has been remapped to 190bhp, i have recently bought the car.The clutch is slipping, when i looked on the web to see if it was common it is in remapped tdi's.The standard on just cant handle the power.Does anyone have any suggestions on what clutch would be better, be able to handle the torque?
Thanks cat.

the standard clutch can take the torque without any real problems ie standing starts its the DMF thats more likely to moan

going by the fact your up at 190 from the remap im guessing its a 150 engine (ARL code) meaning youve got the 6 speed box. it gets expensive i was quoted almost a grand for the clutch and flywheel ( its advisable to get both need done togeather as if the DMF is on its way out itll take the new clutch in no time ) that was for the petrol but its the same gearbox just different gearing

the standard clutch can take the torque without any real problems ie standing starts its the DMF thats more likely to moan

going by the fact your up at 190 from the remap im guessing its a 150 engine (ARL code) meaning youve got the 6 speed box. it gets expensive i was quoted almost a grand for the sachs clutch and flywheel ( its advisable to get both need done togeather as if the DMF is on its way out itll take the new clutch in no time ) that was for the petrol but its the same gearbox just different gearing ohh and that didnt include fitting.

The 6 speed box on a TDi would be different to a petrol AFAIK so the cost of the Sachs unit might be cheaper than that. I have to agree with ditching the DMF though mine will go solid once I get my clutch done.