need a little help

hollis

Car
VW 1999 Polo 1.4
I got a 1999 polo 1.4cc 3 door 5 speed manual trans. but i don't know a about the valves or cylinders anything, this is my first car I like it but I would like to upgrade in terms of cosmetics (central unit, carpet...) not to much the engine. Also a mechanic told me where I live not wash down the engine with water so how do you guys get your engines look so shiny.

you can wash the engine just not with a pressure washer. it just takes a little common sense. dont soak anything electrical etc.

its def 4 cylinder but not sure on the valves leaning towards 8

Thanks very much for the information do you know anything about the interior in terms of a different central unit I will post a pic of my car (when I find out how to of course) to illustrate to you.

Thanks again well the car is a little to dark at night besides the car set it is pretty dark,so I thought about changing the whole thing the dashboard and central unit, the gearknob, handbrake that sort of thing I saw a modified polo online the looks nice the but I don't know where to start.

Cars nowadays generally have 2 or 4 valves per cylinder so 4 x 2 = 8 or 4 x 4 = 16. It will be one of the two but can't say for sure as I don't know much about VWs.

regarding the interior here are a few tips which I have picked up on the way, only had my polo 2001 for about a year and it looked dull, firstly get yourself down to halfords they have a nice range of interior lights which can be fitted inside without any messing about, cost cheap and look good, also on ebay you can buy 501 lights tinted blue very cheap and legal, these can also be fitted in boot, sidelights and bumper for number plate, also change the dials as well, you probably have the orange ones but again make sure they are road legal otherwise your mot could fail, lastly I've found it hard to find interior (carpets etc, but there are some really good mats available to give the car a more refined look, hope this helps

ralso on ebay you can buy 501 lights tinted blue very cheap and legal,____________, sidelights and bumper for number plate,

All these lights LEGALLY have to be white

just because every tom dick and harry does it to their corsa doesnt mean its fine

so 501's arn't legal? I'm telling ebay as these guys are stating they are, thanks for the info

so 501's arn't legal? I'm telling ebay as these guys are stating they are, thanks for the info
before you do mate! do the lights have a blue tint to them when on???
may sound like a daft question but some bulbs (lamps for hdi:D) state blue on them e.g. osram?? but are perfectly legal cause they dont actually give a blue appearance when on;)

Ive got a 1999 polo an just ripped the carpets out, primed an sprayed the footwells metallic black and cut checkered steel into the shape of mats an bolted em down, looks superb an only cost about 100 quid in total. Next im spraying all my interior panels candy white. Also i re trimmed my seats in black leather. Will post some pics soon. You can make your car look pretty good for not a lot of money. Especially the interior. I also have blue leds in the front footwells and under the seats. Dont cost much but spend that little bit more as its worth it.

can't wait for the post of the polo pics with the checkered floor, does any one know anything about changing the dashboard and the whole central unit to a newer model and if you can what are the limitations my 1999 polo interior is dull and very dark.

What Pg means is they are illegal if they glow like this.
n595681201_1821738_428.jpg

il get the pics as soon as i can but i have a mad month as of monday so il try for next wkend. Keep you posted. Plus it needs a clean first

pics myt be next weekend im afraid done a 70 hour week an tbh i cant be bothered ryt now lol.