Need a holiday in the UK

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Where should I go if I wanted a holiday in the UK?

It has to be where there are lots of nice roads to drive on and some nice scenery.

What are your top tips for a driving holiday then?

Scotland is apparently a good holiday spot depending on what you like to do on holiday, it has some of the best driving roads in the Isles with beautiful scenery too.

Wales. Start at the north coast, head down to the Evo Triangle, through Snowdonia mountains, down the west coast, in land for the Elan Valley, back out west for more coast, then finish off at the south coast.

Myself and a few friends are discussing the possibility of doing just that atm (as our Europe plan fell through).

Scotland is apparently a good holiday spot depending on what you like to do on holiday, it has some of the best driving roads in the Isles with beautiful scenery too.

Heard that too. I would say Dorset, nice scenery especially around Charmouth and Lyme Regis, or do you hate it! :lol:

There's always the Isle of Wight, a place people forget.

:lol: I tend to forget that the place I live in is also a nice holiday spot, there are really nice places to camp, and some fantastic rural roads along the coast, you can come down on the A303 past Stone Henge and as Stamford said Lyme Regis and Charmouth are lovely towns, Weymouth is ok for night life but Bournemouth is much better

If you do decide to come down Waynne, PLEASE don't bring a caravan! :lol::lol::lol:

North Wales or Peak District are both good options.

I love the A303, don't know why - there's just a feel good factor about the road itself. I often take that route down to Nth Devon - A303, then A372/A378 and A358 through Langport and Curry Rivel across to M5 Jct 25.

Last edited:
Well if its a nice long drive that your after, get youself up my way. You will have a nice 600 mile drive, and when you get here, there is pleanty to do. Well, I say pleanty. You can visit about 20 whiskey distillaries, and go to the pub, and maby get a carry out of Buckfast and get pished on the streets.

If you like drinking, then Scotlands the place for you!!!

You never know, you might get mugged by come kid with a pencil sharpner, then get bottled as your trying to find a copper for good measure. :bigsmile:

Just remember, if ever asked the question Celtic or Rangers, just say Ross County. No one supports them, and you will never get into any bother.

Well if its a nice long drive that your after, get youself up my way. You will have a nice 600 mile drive, and when you get here, there is pleanty to do. Well, I say pleanty. You can visit about 20 whiskey distillaries, and go to the pub, and maby get a carry out of Buckfast and get pished on the streets.

You never know, you might get mugged by come kid with a pencil sharpner, then get bottled as your trying to find a copper for good measure. :bigsmile:

Just remember, if ever asked the question Celtic or Rangers, just say Ross County. No one supports them, and you will never get into any bother.

Sound advice BBJ, I'm visiting Scotland for two days in a fortnights time to do a survey, so I shall heed those words of wisdom! :bigsmile:

If your in Glasgow then say that you dont support any team and are neutral, believe me i have been asked several times and saying that has saved me from any further hassle

Isle of Skye. I can't recommend it enough, fantastic scenery, great roads fab food and lots to see. Its a long drive from where I am so if I were you I'd fly up there and hire a car. My uncle came with us last year and they drive up from Rochester, they split the journey over two days stopping at the lakes on the way.

they might drive on the wrong side of the road but after 10 mins you get used to it just have to remember to turn the satnav to km ad not miles

i might spend a few days over there just over a hour from me and you can be in france

But they drive on the wrong side. I've done Cornwall and Wales recently (I thoroughly enjoyed both mind.)

The Cotswolds is looking interesting.

Laden with FIP Gatsos though. If you fancy a nice place to stay try The Grapevine, Stow-on-The-Wold. ( http://www.vines.co.uk/ )

Brilliant Conservatory Restaurant (with a living, growing vine), good food, and the accomodation is good, too.

Last edited: