Navara Diesel mapping?

DirtyDiesel

Car
2011 Navara Tekna
Hi Guys,

I have been getting myself a Navara 190bhp Derv and am already getting itchy to do some mods. I have had good results in the past from mapped dervs and wondered if anyone had experience of doing the same with a Navara?

Has anyone got any experience of these DTE boxes? The plug and play nature of them appeals to me but having never used one before always like to gather info first?

I really recommend a proper remap rather than a "tuning box" which are at best IMO a bit of a bodge. Some tuning boxes just contain a resistor to make the engine think the intake air is colder than it is so it dumps more fuel into the burn causing it to run rich.

If it is a turbo diesel then a remap could yield a power gain in the order of 50bhp plus.

Thanks for that. I too am very wary of the resistor type ebay specials and am looking for a more robust solution. That said I am also seeing a lot of positive feedback for the more complex boxes and am attracted to the ability to remove the boxes come service and/or selling time.

Lots more research needed I feel

After doing some more research I decided to get in touch with DTE not realising that they are actually only about 50 miles from me with the added bonus that their load lugger/trailer puller is a Nav too!

I drove up there a couple of hours ago with my sceptical head on and am glad to say that they have completely surprised me and changed my mind! Andrew the owner is very knowledgable and helpful, they gave me a quick spin in their Navara which is scarily quick (avoid at all costs if you see on the roads of the North East!!) then fitted a module to my car.

The transformation is like chalk and cheese, the additional power and torque puts a huge grin on your face, I had no idea that this engine had so much potential!

They also offered a great discount - something that they apparently do in affiliation with other car forums, anyone heard of them elsewhere? - so I came away with a lighter wallet but a huge grin on my face

That's fantastic, thanks for the feedback. Keep us posted with how you get on with it long term.

What is your new power figure then?

That's fantastic, thanks for the feedback. Keep us posted with how you get on with it long term.

What is your new power figure then?

I have opted for the 'PDI' system initially which Andrew says is good for 215-220bhp (up from 190 standard), though in honesty it feels like more. I am trying to resist the urge to add to this as the Navara can use a 'Stage 2' two box system for extra power and driveability. The other option is the Pedal Box system they sell which is essentially like a sport button left constantly on and improves throttle response massively. Obviously Andrews Nav has all three units on so is like a spaceship and am trying to justify to myself why I need my Nav to be as fast as his :lol:

I bet your fuel consuption goes up a short while whilst you explore the cars new found power. Overall I think it will go lower in the long term though.

Save the future upgrades, it will be like getting a new car all over again.

I bet your fuel consuption goes up a short while whilst you explore the cars new found power. Overall I think it will go lower in the long term though.

Save the future upgrades, it will be like getting a new car all over again.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I am having a bit of fun exploring its abilities! Wise words on the delayed upgrades :)

After doing some more research I decided to get in touch with DTE not realising that they are actually only about 50 miles from me with the added bonus that their load lugger/trailer puller is a Nav too!

I drove up there a couple of hours ago with my sceptical head on and am glad to say that they have completely surprised me and changed my mind! Andrew the owner is very knowledgable and helpful, they gave me a quick spin in their Navara which is scarily quick (avoid at all costs if you see on the roads of the North East!!) then fitted a module to my car.

The transformation is like chalk and cheese, the additional power and torque puts a huge grin on your face, I had no idea that this engine had so much potential!

They also offered a great discount - something that they apparently do in affiliation with other car forums, anyone heard of them elsewhere? - so I came away with a lighter wallet but a huge grin on my face

Congrats on the new found power and actually coming away with change from your original price :amazed: you did do well :)

Well guys having stuck a few miles on this and doing some brim-to-brim testing fuel efficiency is up by about 5mpg and smile factor is up by about 100% :D I am now just squirreling the money away from SHMBO so I can get my hands on Stage 2