Torque Cars

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

NAILS!!

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by Lunchmoney, 12 May 2018.

1. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney Torque Master

Poole
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    Sodding nail in the tyre!
    IMAG1798.jpg

Makes my car look so stupid :(
    IMAG1797.jpg IMAG1795.jpg
    But at least it's only for a day or two until I can roll into a tyre place and get it fixed.

2. Aerial Andy944

Aerial Andy944 The Torque Meister

Sunny South Somerset UK
    Car:
    VW Golf GT TDi 200
    Ahh had this happen to me last year. New tyres on front, only a month old, done about 500 miles and got a screw right in the middle of one of them. Couldn't be repaired as the side wall got to damaged when the tyre deflated as I was driving along. £120 quid lost to replace it :(

3. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney Torque Master

Poole
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    All four tyres are 2 months and 800 miles old. At least its only a repair for this one :)

4. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Lunchy you will have to forgive keen eye but that looks like a drywall screw :)

Can't recall when I last had a puncture so hope my run of luck continues.

Last edited: 12 May 2018
    Lunchmoney likes this.
  5. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney Torque Master

Poole
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    Balls. Not fixable. IMAG1799.jpg

6. Aerial Andy944

Aerial Andy944 The Torque Meister

Sunny South Somerset UK
    Car:
    VW Golf GT TDi 200
    That looks similar to mine if that's the sidewall lip damaged :(

7. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney Torque Master

Poole
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    Ordered a new tyre online (as all the local tyre fitters dont stock my make and size) immediately. Still waiting! After many emails back and forth, and an irate phone call, I am told there was a delay at the stockist and I am promised it will be dispatched today. Grrr...

obi_waynne likes this.
  8. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 2.0 TDI
    I feel your pain. I've just purchased tyres, got a set for £360 which isn't bad, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RP2-s. They don't feel as good and responsive as my last ones but at least they grip the road well.

I've also got a buckled rim! Must have been a flipping pothole! At least the tyre and wheel balanced out OK without a wobble.

9. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney Torque Master

Poole
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    First people (mytyres.co.uk) eventually told me they had no Uniroyals in the country. Order cancelled.

Tried another (whose name I forget). Two days in and they finally email an invoice to me. Turns out they are the same company as mytyres.co.uk (Deltilog Ltd) and they are out of stock as well. Funny that.

National Tyres, who have a shop near me, accept my order but actually call a few minutes later to also say they have no stock in the country.

Camskill is my forth attempt.
    After an email conversation yesterday they tell me my tyre will be delivered Tuesday.
    Good enough after the BS from the others.

Email this morning from DPD - delivering today. And it's are going straight to Triton (my garage) who will fit and balance for me this evening :)

10. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Make sure that they de magnetize it to stop it attracting metal objects in the future :)

Lunchmoney likes this.