my weekend toy Fiesta RS Turbo

hi everyone just thought i would let you all know i have struck a deal on a really well sorted and solid fiesa rs turbo that i will be collecting later this month :)

i will be making a 5 hour round trip to fetch the car from cardiff and i honestly cannot wait for the drive home.

the spec is as follows

1.6 cvh
fully rebuilt engine with 0.5mm overbore and low comp pistons
new oil and water pumps
reground crank
lightweight flywheel
hybrid t25 turbo wit recent rebuild and brand new exhaust housing
airtec stage 2 fmic
195 chip
stage 4 head
piper 285t2 cam
beige injectors
scorpion exhaust
k&n panel filter
cossie fuel pump
LSD gearbox
focus st 330mm brake set up

as you can see above its got a nice little spec (8}) i have already made the decision to take the car to msd for one of there health checks and will have this done on the rolling road so we can see whats what and if needs be get a custom chip done by them

the car had a full restoration not so long ago and has been finished in focus rs frozen white which looks spot on imo.
the resto included new panels/sills/wings/rear quarters/rear valance and was done inside and out also fully undersealed

the current owner informs me that the current alternator is dodgy but it will be replaced before i purchase it, also some lovely person decided to break in the car via passenger lock and pinch all of a £50 stereo.
so it needs a new lock and a slight repair to the door, but im assured that is all thats wrong with the car which i think you will admit is not much at all and easy to fix.

anyway here is a few pics for you all :)

any comments are welcome i am like a kid in a candy shop waiting to collect this car, needless to say it will be garaged at our new house that we move into next month :)

I remember those - green stripes down the side to contrast against the XR2i's blue ones. Much better prospect than a R5 Turbo. Those were mobile coffins.

As always I have reservations about K&N (or any other) supposed panel filter and filtration quality. OEM pleated paper ones are about five quid, just buy a new one every 6 months or so.

Well what can I say except COR! I say again COR! <B
That looks lush Andy, I am very jealous of you |B

thanks alot matey looking forward to putting my mark on it

I remember those - green stripes down the side to contrast against the XR2i's blue ones. Much better prospect than a R5 Turbo. Those were mobile coffins.

As always I have reservations about K&N (or any other) supposed panel filter and filtration quality. OEM pleated paper ones are about five quid, just buy a new one every 6 months or so.

they are very rare now only 100 or so taxed and around 500 sorn and thats it , the panel filter will be removed for an open cone anyway as the cvh turbo makes a lovely noise with one in place.

i used to own an r5gtt the progress thread is on here somewhere it was an absolute animal 12 sec 1/4 mile etc

"i used to own an r5gtt the progress thread is on here somewhere it was an absolute animal 12 sec 1/4 mile"

They were savage little beasts. Midrange shove of levels that some Porsche models from that era would envy.

"i used to own an r5gtt the progress thread is on here somewhere it was an absolute animal 12 sec 1/4 mile"

They were savage little beasts. Midrange shove of levels that some Porsche models from that era would envy.

oh yeah for sure and they were so easy to tune and work on, mine was just short of 240bhp when it was done, they got a bad rep for headgaskets blowing but that was only due to old so called tuners and owners cranking the boost up without sorting the fuelling correctly.

Looks like a pretty comprehensive rebuild, judging from the photos. What colour will you be painting the wheels?

I will have more pics shortly :)

im undecided on the wheels yet, if i keep them then they can stay black if not then im looking at getting a set of escos alloys as they look so good on a FRST

Takes me back!!!

A mate had a white one that had a few quid spent on it with Power Engineering, wasn't running any mental power (I think it was 180bhp?) but was a very very quick car....and scary!!! Used to just pin you into the seat :) Awesome!!!

thats the thing with these they dont need a great deal of power to be a right little pocket rocket, my bros old one was running a castle performance stage 2 tune which was around 165/175bhp and it was a complete hoot on the road.
saying that though i know ill end up getting it somewhere around the 220-240bhp mark :)

I adore Fiesta RS Turbo's.
I had an animal back in the day. 280bhp at the wheels, was the only car I know of to snap an actuator rod.
It was totally insane. At the time Scoobs and Evo's was making their way onto our humble roads. In the mirrors of my RST. J944EAT was the plate. I know the car is still alive. I think it is sorn though at the minute.
Should never old sold that car. :(

wow thats some poke for a little fiesta, was it still cvh or converted to zvh? or even full zetec turbo?

they are such a rare site now and i want to get this one out there as much as possible, cant wait to get my son in it with me :)

It was still the defenseless 1.6 it left the factory. The previous owner to me had spent over 10k on the engine alone.

He kept blowing the stem seals in it so ended up selling it to me. I only ended up with it through a mechanic friend who knew of the history for the car. It was a proper bargain too.

Stupidly fast. With a blown headgasket and shot seals on the way home after collecting it my mate was ragging it down the A38. Wheels still spinning in 4th and 5th lol
I was in a tweaked m3 and couldn't keep up with it. |B
Mind saying that, I couldn't see it much either due to the smoke it was chucking out. :rofl:

bit of an update i am going to collect the car on saturday 20th feb :) i have sorted insurance (you gotta love classic car policies :) )

i have a few more pics for you of the resto and a couple more of the car

Looks like you've found a real gem there. Keep us updated, I have fond memories of these cars and remember drooling over them when I was just a lad!

thank you so much for the positive comments guys but there has been a rather big twist in the story, short of it is im no longer having this car due to the owner being a complete timewaster and moving the goalposts on 3 seperate occasions.

but im a firm believer in everything for a reason so i have sorted out another deal on a fiesta rst from up cumbria, its totally different to the one above, its red on oe wheels/oe interior/ completely standard but fully rebuilt engine only mods are stainless system and its lowered around 35-40mm.

i will add pics etc when i get it in my possesion, the car is going for an mot this monday so all being well its goes through and the sale will be happening on sat 20th feb still :)

if a mod would like to edit this post accordingly then that would be great