My VTR - Update (56k Stay Back!)

Well some of you might have seen my car in the other threads.. Here is a reminder of what it used to look like..

vtr1.jpg

She stayed almost standard for around a year, and then at the French Car Show I decided that I wanted to change a few bits..

Here is how she looks now..

DSCF1323.jpg

DSCF1325.jpg

DSCF1336.jpg

DSCF1399-1.jpg

You can see for yourself most of the exterior mods.. The wheels have been refurbed and sprayed a colour which is between gloss black and a graphite colour.. I think this works well becuase in dark conditions it looks black, but they shine amazingly in the light.

In these pics you can also see my new 266mm brakes which JUST squeeze under those tiny rims!

DSCF1329.jpg

DSCF1321.jpg

She has also been lowered on 30mm Eibach springs just to keep the ride firm.. Have no more major plans at the minute, perhaps try and tighten up the suspension a little more..

All commments (good and bad) welcome!

Looking good. How did you get those brakes to fit?? Is the handling much better and did the lowering make it a hard ride for long journeys? :twisted:

Have you fitted Poly bushes & Strut braces yet? I rekon that needs to be the next.

The alloys look fantastic but wait till you scrape them on a kerb!! :lol:

Don't tempt fate Wayne!

The brakes went on really easily actually.. Direct bolt on - didn't even have to grind away at the hub mount as you do with some 266mm calipers on Saxo's..

The handling isn't much improved, the standard springs are pretty stiff.. These are just a bit tighter and not quite so long! The ride feels really nice but it could be firmer.. Can you explain what poly bushes are?

Strut braces are next I think!

Thats a really interesting article and brought in a lot of factors which I would have overlooked.. So the bushes are at the top of the strut and connect it to the chassis?

Uprated engine mounts might also be a route I look down..

Depending on the type of suspension there can be between 3 and 6 bushes each side. The bushes are at any point at which the suspension joins the chassis. The Shocks join the top of the suspension to the body so that bush is part of the shocks. At the lower end though the rubber bushes can be quite large in comparison.

front grill

hiya freddie, where di u get ur front grill from? my m8 wants to change his from standarad but cant find 1 anywhere! shes lookin good tho, any more to it?

I made the grill myself.. There are two ways to do this with the mk2 grill. The first way is to just remove the whole part which has the slats, and the fitting points for the bonnet. This way is easiest, but it means you will have to bond the grill into the bonnet, and it wont sit right.

The better way to do it is chop the grill up so that you can remove the slats, but the fixing points are still in tact. Its quite hard to explain but if you take the grill out you might understand. If not, let me know and Ill get you some pictures.

That car is very nice and truly well looked after, the paint work is gleaming, but I did read up on your last thread where it was re-furbished, so to speak. I also like the alloys, I love black alloys, hehe.