My Two Toys

Some photos of my toys :)

I bought the Robin Hood as a way of getting used to rear wheel drive again and to have some fun in a reasonably quick, well handling, motor. 2 litre Pinto, approx 140bhp.

The photos of the Elan show it at the 1985 Street Race Championships just before I wrecked the engine and being dug out of the garage prior to the total rebuild presently being undertaken.

the robin hood look great. would love to have something lke that but ££££ and nowhere to keep it come into play. Next house MUST have a garage

I remember drooling over the Robin hood when it first came out. I seem to recall that the cost was not that much. What donor did you use? The Elan is going to be amazing when it is done.

I remember drooling over the Robin hood when it first came out. I seem to recall that the cost was not that much. What donor did you use? The Elan is going to be amazing when it is done.

I bought the Robin Hood already built a couple of years ago. However, it was fitted with the complete wiring loom from a 1983 Sierra (the donor car) and has been a pain ever since I bought it. I recently bought a new loom specifically made for the car and am presently in the process of fitting it. Hopefully this will get rid of the unreliability issues.

Robin cost me £2500 and will sell for similar, if not more, so no depreciation :)

Yes, Elan wil be amazing......................when finsihed!

the robin hood look great. would love to have something lke that but ££££ and nowhere to keep it come into play. Next house MUST have a garage

Yes, having the space for my toys is great. I remember working on my Anglia and the Elan outside my parents house, come rain or shine. Working in a carpeted and heated garage is a bare muinimum now :)

Cost of car is relatively low (£2500) with little or no depreciation and insurance is cheap (for me, £150 fully comp), so you just need somewhere to keep it!

Both look pretty sweet mate!

Thanks. Robin Hood is just FUN, you drive with all your senses alive and with a smile on your face.

Up your way on Friday- Off to the Peak Performance Test & Tune Day at Santa Pod. Taking my friend's 351ci 1953 Ford Anglia. 450bhp plus 150bhp nitrous. He is still rather wary of the power, but hopefully he will get it into the 10s on Friday if it stays dry.