my project starts in july !!

geraint13

Pro Tuner
Car
Zafira 1.9 SRI
hi peeps, been rather busy lately and a few things have changed with me. Im nw back into roofing for a one off job to get my
car fund well and truly topped up. Im looking to spend bout £3000 on the old girl. This is what ive priced up so far.
Coilovers, nos, new alloys, bodykit, remap, respray (most expensive), full bmw service. Want to do my clutch, new calipers, discs n pads, angel eye conversion.
The last few items i thought id ask you lot for some reccomendations as you are the unsung experts. Lol.
On a lighter note have now gt a phone so i can keep up with u all on the move. Get g bein all modern lmao.
Thanks in advance lads and ladies.

hi peeps, been rather busy lately and a few things have changed with me. Im nw back into roofing for a one off job to get my
car fund well and truly topped up. Im looking to spend bout £3000 on the old girl. This is what ive priced up so far.
Coilovers, nos, new alloys, bodykit, remap, respray (most expensive), full bmw service. Want to do my clutch, new calipers, discs n pads, angel eye conversion.
The last few items i thought id ask you lot for some reccomendations as you are the unsung experts. Lol.
On a lighter note have now gt a phone so i can keep up with u all on the move. Get g bein all modern lmao.
Thanks in advance lads and ladies.

Hi mate!

Coilovers - How much have you got to spend?
Nos - Personally wouldn't bother.
Bodykit - Do you mean an Mtec kit? If so, have a look at my W.I.P. thread (see signature) as I've done it recently.
Remap - Motech near me are supposed to be quite good.
Respray - What colour are you thinking?
Clutch - Get yourself an LUK clutch.
Brakes - Upgrade or replacement?

All in all i gt bout 3K. Ifit gets much more i may aswell go out and get an e46 330d. And just get it remapped. That ends up bein bout 250 bhp for 184 model and 268 bhp for the later 204 version. So undecided at tge moment.

Hi young Gee, nice to see you back mate ;)

That's rather a lot for only 3K worth of shopping, I could not get anywhere near that figure for those items if I tried with my Saab :sad2:

I would forget the NOS for now and use the money elsewhere on your project. Baring in mind that my NOS kit was professionally fitted, I still parted with over 2K for this alone!
Sounds like you will have a gorgeous car there after all that lot has been fitted; I look forward to seeing the pics, good luck :)

thanks T9 mate.
Dont know which ones prince. I priced a few and just took an average didnt get the makes lol. What a div. The respray is not entirely neccesary but could it look a bit odd with a bodykit freshly painted and the rest of the car looking, well not shabby but in need of a freshning up. The most my budget could go to is 5k, and that would get me a decent e46 330d. The 2001 model, 204bhp, remaps according to celtic to 265bhp.

When you say bodykit... Do you mean Mtec kit?

I've recently gone for HSD coilovers. I paid £817 for them. Just remember you get what you pay for. But assuming you won't use it on track then APs are supposed to be quite good. You'll want some RPM adjustable top mounts as well to go with that though.

prince, send me a link for the APs. still undecided on what to do though. Liking the thought of a 330d. But then again, my insurance will go up and so on on and so forth so aaaarrrrggggggghhhhhhh ! Lmao.

What you want is:

egr valve delete - FREE if your hands on
super chipped - £80-100
boost gauge - £35
boost controller - £30
raise turbo pressure from stock 1.0 bar (full load) to around 1.3-1.4 FREE
bigger fmic (front mount intercooler) £60

youll be more than impressed after that trust me, my tds ripped the engine mounts to shreds after i tuned it due to tourque figures so keep an eye on them, make sure your cooling system is 100% as the m51 doesnt like heat atall (hence the fmic) and run a 'wetter' antifreeze mixture, enjoy :bigsmile: btw, i wouldnt touch nos with a bargepole on this engine as it raises combustion temperature too much, try a water/methanol injection kit if you want, a mate of mine has a propane injection kit, nice results but not as high combustion temp as nos