My project: 97 e38 740il

projectbimmers

Torque Junkie
Car
BMW 318ti m44
I have been documenting a few things since I purchased this vehicle with some issues. When I bought it it run and drove but the windshield wipers weren't working, the windows worked iffy, central locking wasnt working or the keyless entry. Quite a few electrical bits to sort out.

The body wasnt in the best condition, the paint was weather beaten, and the interior had definitely seen better days. Heres pretty much how she looked when I got her.

The first thing I set out to do was get the interior cleaned up and I wanted to get it swapped out to black. I had to search Facebook market and e38 groups to find a decent set of black interior parts.

I am skilled in automotive upholstery and could certainly have handled making a black interior on my own but that would have been an astronomical amount of extra work for me. I wasnt wit all that.

Before I could start putting the black interior into the car I had th clean that car out man. God only knows the last time it had a good cleaning!

I usually use fabric spray for carpets when I wanna go black. I dont like grey carpet at all. Black just look so much more amazing in my opinion. Made a night and day difference in this car!Photo_1582498774177.png

I learned the hard way that BMW used different plugs for the seats on different model years of the e38. BMW sure knows how to start a party, not!! So some years have a black harness some have yellow. They do not match up so ur screwed if u got the wrong seats cause they wont plug and play. Thank goodness I went to school for car nonsense like this. 20200209_121009.jpg20200209_121052.jpg

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back