my poor punto mk1 55s

boyracertyson

Wrench Pro
Car
punto55s peugoet206
hi there ppl.im new here and a lil bit unsure on what i should do.i have a punto 55s and i sold it to a friend.i recently came out of the army and baught it back.it is a complete mess now and im not happy.i know the engine has been thrashed and theres a realy bad oil leak coming from the sump.also a few other problems.i want to see about puttin a 1.4 gt turbo engine in it.i have been told a few things and i dont know where to start and how much its will chew my wallet.i know i need the engine/gearbox and a few otherthings.can someone plz help.meny thanks tyson

will be adding a few pics so you can see the car....

ok cheers pgarner.well im just digging for info now.i can get everything i need for the conversion for £600 and my m8 said he will do it for me.i knw the engine and gearbox is a straight swap its the ecu n electrical thats the hard part.well thats what ive heard any way lol...

ECU and electrical a striaght swap also. Use the ECU and all the looms from the donor car. Easier, quicker and cheaper just to buy a GT.

You'll need to uprate the suspension to take the extra weight of the GT engine into account. The brakes will also struggle to cope, as even GT brakes aren't great as standard.

cheers master auron.ive been reading all the post about ur punto gt and it looks realy nice.im finkin about jus buyin a gt3 but ive got my punto back now and even tho it looks like a rust bucket i can see potential and life left still in her.well i am gettin the springs and shocks of the doner punto gt aswell as the discs and pads.soon as i can im gunna buy soom wilwood calipers as you said the brembo conversion isnt that good.wich pads are best to get eg red stuff or green stuff pads.i will aslo be gettin the ecu and wiring loom with it.how hard is it to take the engine out as i wanna strip everything from the car and get the engine out the car because im destroyin my drive with the amount of oil thats leakin.i know it should be left to the pro but ive done qiute a bit of mechanics like changing gearboxes and replacing new clutches and a few other things as i worked in a garage,will leave the ecu and other things to my m8? please leave comments and help as its appreciated.thanks tyson

They're fairly easy to work on with room in the engine bay to work being the most limiting factor. Engine is also easy to remove:

Empty all the fluids, remove the front wheels, front bumper, cooling lines and radiator plus the boost pipes.

Remove the suspension/hub bolts, then normally the driveshafts (but I'm guessing you're transplanting these too). Undo the turbo elbow from the downpipe.

Fuel lines need undoing and bunging, then the engine loom can be unplugged, any vac lines removed, slave cylinder unbolted from top of gearbox and retaining clip off the gear shifter.

Take the weight of the engine then undo the rear gearbox mount followed by the passengers and drivers side mounts. Easier the lift the shell, lower the engine and pull out from underneath.

Use a bit of common sense and you'll be fine. You want the ECU and looms to swap over also.

Ferodo DS2500 pads are excellent by all accounts. Old man had green stuff on his Supra, don't rate them at all!

cheers m8 didnt think ppl would be so helpfull lol haha.well i will take my old engine out 1st then see about gettin the new 1 put in.where would be the best place to get the ferodo ds25000 brakes from.cheers tyson....

You need to use a hosting site like photobucket. Upload your pictures to that then post the bottom link up (the one with

lol as you can see i got a bit carried away with the pics.well the car has made a complete mess of the drive and hopfully i will get it scrapped once i get the new punto.well please feel free to comment.thanks tyson..