My Peugeot 306

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

Not given that much thought yet really. I keep coming up with small ideas but i think for the time being im gunna try n stick to interior styling to get the dash/seats/console looking as smart as the outside. Once that is done, i can then look to the smaller less expensive styling that will finnish the cars looks off ;) But all these ideas are deffinately worth lookin into...if only money was no issue haha.

Ye i agree. Is that another bespoke job? Im kinda new to all this car modifying business so knowing how and where to get these things done is something im gunna have to find out and learn hehe

Well if you're having the entire interior re-done, then it would be better to save up and have everything done at once. In other words have the system done at the same time as the rest of the interior.

Everyone has to learn at some point, I'm still learning myself!

I thought red neons would have been a better a choice before I saw them...but after seeing them they look really good! :bigsmile:

Hehe :) Ye the side neons need moving more towards the outer edge of the chassis a little, give it a better glow, and the back one is off to one side due to the exhaust, but it still looks great at night.

Just make sure you keep an eye out for the police if you drive with them on as they are actually illegal.

I think this car fully modified will look amazing!

Undercar neon lights are not illegal. Many people do not quite understand the rules but i have found out from a mates dad who happens to be in the police force. Neon undercar kits are not illegal, so long as they follow a couple rules.

They must not flash, rotate etc.
Any direct light source (i.e. the bulbs or tubes) must not be seen, only the glow can be visable
Only white lights on the front of the car
Only red lights on the rear of the car
Only orange/amber lights on the sides of a car

I have driven past police before and none of them have stopped me; most of them just dont like them, due to the fact of being a distraction to other road users, but they are not illegal. In some states of america they are tho. :)

I thought it was illegal to drive with them on as it causes a distraction to other road users. This is quite interesting actually, I wonder what everyone else has to say about it.

for what im aware as long as you stick to white at front amber on sides and red on back your not breaking the law. even this may not be allowed by some forces

BLUE is a no no as only emergency allowed them . Police fire ambulance
GREEN is no no as only doctors should have them

its really a gray area much like fitting aftermarket HID kits to standard enclosures

There is no written law prohibiting the installation and use of under car neon lights, so long as they follow the few simple rules i mentioned earlier. Breaking these however, makes using the neons illegal. They can be flashing or whatever when your not in motion off the road; but whilst on the road, they must be a solid glow (no light).

Like you said pgarner about the white lights on the front of the car, red on the back and amber/orange on the side, this is true. Only these colour lights can be shown on the car whilst in motion on the public highway. For example, the small windscreen lights (the ones you attatch to your windscreen wipers) are illegal because they are a blue LED light that is visible from the front of the car.

Undercar neon lights are not illegal. Many people do not quite understand the rules but i have found out from a mates dad who happens to be in the police force. Neon undercar kits are not illegal, so long as they follow a couple rules.

They must not flash, rotate etc.
Any direct light source (i.e. the bulbs or tubes) must not be seen, only the glow can be visable
Only white lights on the front of the car
Only red lights on the rear of the car
Only orange/amber lights on the sides of a car

I have driven past police before and none of them have stopped me; most of them just dont like them, due to the fact of being a distraction to other road users, but they are not illegal. In some states of america they are tho. :)

Mate what you have said has contradicted yourself. Your neons are illegal because they are blue. When you look at a neon kit in a shop or online or where ever it does state on the packaging that they are for off road (show use) only. I've haven't yet found a neon kit that doesn't say this. The car looks great by the way and I too have always thought about fitting the LED one's that do dance and change colours. I was gonna get the one's that go with the beat of the music....;) Nice car anyway buddy...

i used to have neons on my fully modded 206 and i was forever gettin done for havin them switched on u r allowed them but only for show useonly. not allowed to use on the road trust me lol.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back