My Opel Calibra 2.0 16V

Very nice lookin motor there matey. Seriously doubt your doin a 0-60mph in less than 7 seconds. Thats turbo territory. Any advice needed don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers BAD63R

BAD63R-V6 said:
Very nice lookin motor there matey. Seriously doubt your doin a 0-60mph in less than 7 seconds. Thats turbo territory. Any advice needed don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers BAD63R

Hya friend. Thank you!
What's your calibra's model?

waynne said:
Wow - another nice ride. You will be B4d6eR's best friend now he's got a Calibra!

Thank you!
Yeah, I noticed it since ever that the calibra owners seem to have some sort of a spiritual comunity. hehe

ivanclife said:
Hya friend. Thank you!

I'm running a 3.0ltr V6 Calibra with the F25 gear box running 225bhp (proven on rolling road) and does the 0-60 in 6.78 seconds (again, proven). Check out my video in "My Baby 6'er" thread. I play with a turbo in that lol.

Cheers BAD63R.

BAD63R-V6 said:
ivanclife said:
Hya friend. Thank you!

I'm running a 3.0ltr V6 Calibra with the F25 gear box running 225bhp (proven on rolling road) and does the 0-60 in 6.78 seconds (again, proven). Check out my video in "My Baby 6'er" thread. I play with a turbo in that lol.

Cheers BAD63R.

Aw yeah! ;) what a baby!
Mines a 2000 injection 16V, and with the Air filter (no turbo, but moded centralin) in flat road goes from 0-100 (km) in around 6.5 secs ( when I dont mess up getting the gears in right)..hehe.

you never did it under 6.78? I´m sure you can do a lot better with such mods!
Is it the rearwing stock? I got a beutyfull one from my crashed calibra (it was the same color as yours! tell me if you want to see it, and I´ll open a topic with it.

Regards

What mods have you done then mate? As i'm now on my 3rd Calibra and pretty much know every in and out of tuning all 6 models. If your running 6.5secs to 100km, you will need to be well over 200bhp.

Heres a couple of rolling road resaults to show you what I mean.

Calibra 16v (Red Top).

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 150
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1218
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 125.13
0 - 60mph (Secs) : 8.40
0 - 100mph (Secs) : 24.26
60 - 100mph (Secs) : 15.85
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 16.85
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 83.35

Calibra 2.5 V6.

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 170
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1340
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 128.90
0 - 60mph (Secs) : 8.17
0 - 100mph (Secs) : 22.91
60 - 100mph (Secs) : 14.74
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 16.60
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 85.12

Calibra Turbo 16v.

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 201
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1374
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 148.64
0 - 60mph (Secs) : 6.60
0 - 100mph (Secs) : 19.41
60 - 100mph (Secs) : 12.81
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 15.40
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 89.06

So unless theres something you haven't mentioned that you've done tou your car then it's almost impossible to get a standard, normally asperated 2.0 16v over 200bhp with out spending over £10,000.

The only way it can be done is either a turbo conversion, supercharger or throttle boddies and NOS.

BAD63R-V6 said:
What mods have you done then mate? As i'm now on my 3rd Calibra and pretty much know every in and out of tuning all 6 models. If your running 6.5secs to 100km, you will need to be well over 200bhp.

Heres a couple of rolling road resaults to show you what I mean.

Calibra 16v (Red Top).

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 150
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1218
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 125.13
0 - 60mph (Secs) : 8.40
0 - 100mph (Secs) : 24.26
60 - 100mph (Secs) : 15.85
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 16.85
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 83.35

Calibra 2.5 V6.

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 170
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1340
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 128.90
0 - 60mph (Secs) : 8.17
0 - 100mph (Secs) : 22.91
60 - 100mph (Secs) : 14.74
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 16.60
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 85.12

Calibra Turbo 16v.

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 201
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1374
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 148.64
0 - 60mph (Secs) : 6.60
0 - 100mph (Secs) : 19.41
60 - 100mph (Secs) : 12.81
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 15.40
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 89.06

So unless theres something you haven't mentioned that you've done tou your car then it's almost impossible to get a standard, normally asperated 2.0 16v over 200bhp with out spending over £10,000.

The only way it can be done is either a turbo conversion, supercharger or throttle boddies and NOS.

This calibra belongs to me and my father, after he crashed the old one we shared money and bought this one because we both loved the other one (wich we still kept for parts - and because we didnt had the courage to get rid of it) "we are calibra freaks x)" and from time to time we go out and pull the car strings, the only mod i didnt mentioned (he told me this after i posted) is that he changed and moded the centralin after he had problems with the old one (i didnt had my license yet by that time), I know he used to do mod things in the car from time to time, but didnt told me what (he doesnt want me to tune up my ride - the cordoba 1.9 of the other post - and i think he doesnt want to influence me telling me all he has moded in the calibra) the only mods i know of are the ones above. But one thing i know, that car can do a 6.5/6.7 in his hands, I cant go lower than 7.5/8.0 though (it gets me frustrated =D)
I cant complain tough, in my cordoba (wich is just mine - its a SDI) I couldnt go lower than 10 yet, even with my new air filter...
Tell me if you have any sugestion for this one, mate.

When i come back from france i should have my recording camera fixed and i can show you the cali in action next time we try to do it ;)

Regards, fellow calibrer

Sounds like you have a lot of fun! It is worth bearing in mind that the speedo may not be 100% accurate so this may account for the discrepancy between your times and the ones Badger posted. All in all it is a great car. Would be fantastic if you could make it to our show - It's only 80 miles away from France!

Bloody hell, thats closer than me pmsl :D You definatly have to come mate. If I take my Calibra I might be persuaded to take you a little run.

waynne said:
Sounds like you have a lot of fun! It is worth bearing in mind that the speedo may not be 100% accurate so this may account for the discrepancy between your times and the ones Badger posted. All in all it is a great car. Would be fantastic if you could make it to our show - It's only 80 miles away from France!

Hya friend, thank you for the invitation. I had to bring my cordoba this time and on stock to pass inspection and legalise it. I missed a portuguese meeting too when i came here.
Next time I will go if i can.
Will you post photos here?

Regards

BAD63R-V6 said:
Bloody hell, thats closer than me pmsl :D You definatly have to come mate. If I take my Calibra I might be persuaded to take you a little run.

I didnt took my calibra to france this time, my cordoba came and i missed a meeting in portugal too. If i could go i would, not to race tough, but i would show you my cali and you could let me drive yours too (i never drove a right wheeled car).

We'll meet one next time, maybe you can show up in portuguese shows too, theres a nice orange famous cali there too, moded to extreme.

Regards