My Nissan Skyline R34 GTT

Econ

Torque Junkie
Car
Skyline R34 GTT
This is how the car started life with me. Standard except for exhaust and air filter

Here’s a little moving of the car many moons ago. At the time she 297BHP
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/gbboldej/Skyline/?action=view&current=MOV01162.flv
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/gbboldej/Skyline/?action=view&current=MOV01160.flv

Currently running 337BHP with 322lbs of torque but I do have plans for a big turbo conversion and the aim is 500BHP. I use her on track so I am not going to nuts with it as I want it to be drivable out of the bends.

Apologies for the pictures they aren’t that great and I am trying to find a pro photographer who can get me some decent ones sorted so watch this space.

Here is the spec but I always manage to leave things off this so if I remember anything else I will add it later. Thanks for taking the time to look at this and I hope you like it :food-smiley-004:

Engine
HKS CAT Back exhaust
decat
HKS downpipe
HKS SQV
Profec B Boost controller
Apex FMIC
Greedy Ally radiator
HKS Oil Cooler with oil filter relocation kit

Suspension and Wheels
D2 Coilovers
18" Rota GTR's with Toyo T1R's tyres
17" Advan 3 spoke drift wheels with Toyo 888's (Track only)

Exterior
Carbon Fibre Bonnett
Full Veilside C1 bodykit
Custom graphics

Interior
HKS Chrono Gauges (Boost, exhaust temp, oil temp, oil pressure)
Cobra Sidewinder seats
4 point racing harnesses
stripped rear seats

That’s all I can remember at the moment. But this is how she looks now I hope you like her because I know I do J

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

Thats really nice. Sounds like you got one in mint condition and are actually modding it properly. Whats the best/worst thing about owning it then?

Has this been in any Kent shows? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before.

Thats really nice. Sounds like you got one in mint condition and are actually modding it properly. Whats the best/worst thing about owning it then?

Has this been in any Kent shows? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before.

At the moment the bloody power steering belts. Ever since I had the carbon bonnet fitted the belts squeak like hell when I start it up. I have changed the belts coated them in soap and a proper anti slip belt spray and they are still doing it.

So this weekend I am taking the whole front end apart taking all the pulleys off and cleaning them in case some grit etc has got in there and is causing me problems.

Other than that I really can't fault the car at all. I drive it hard all the time and she’s never skipped a heart beat as long as I give her regular oil changes she just keeps on ticking and keeps putting a smile on my face lol

I had a Lotus Elise before the skyline and when I sold that I thought nothing could replace the lotus smile until I bought this car now I feel the same about the skyline

at least ya all can get em. in the states they can only be registered as show cars unless you wanna pay an extra 20 to 30 grand to get them modified for our saftey laws, and thats only if you can find a company that is certified to do the conversion. had one company that lied to the dmv about how they were doing it and got all thier certs pulled. imagine the suprise for all the people who had it done when they got a massive fix-it ticket (no fines but still a pain)

how does that work in the states ?
lets say i change my front brakes
standard are 312mm single piston calliper, i put on 350mm 4 piston ones.
the car now is technically more safe as it can, if not messed up, stop quicker than standard.

Wcnwzrd - they say the grass is always greener on the other side! You can afford the fuel to run your cars - over here its twice as expensive. So I guess the saving in getting the car legally registered is soaked up with the fuel tax ;)

Yep thats mine. Me and MrB have been working on the cars together for years

how does that work in the states ?
lets say i change my front brakes
standard are 312mm single piston calliper, i put on 350mm 4 piston ones.
the car now is technically more safe as it can, if not messed up, stop quicker than standard.

it is more for body/frame reinforcement. braces need to go into the doors and so forth. not sure what the whole process includes but was looking into it a few years ago before i got my z. the initial purchase price+customs/shipping+conversion would have put the price at $65000 to $80000. figure i'll wait til i have my mid life crisis and then get one.

Hell no. He is going for drag racing mine is going to be more of a track car so I am paying more attention to the cornering and getting the power down out of the corners.

I am in to track way more than drag where he is the other way around. So they are two completely different cars but together theres a bit of a team forming....*Cough*TOTB*Cough*

cough cough pmsl liking your train of thought buddy

how you doing mate, cars looking awsome as always, get in and give them pullies a bloody good clean mate id love to come help but im gonna be too busy slowly chipping sound deadening and wiring out the skyline lol damn lol

i'll have that roll cage up mine late sat, so if you come up sat week once i finnish work we'll see abut getting it in yours. that head unit may be up for grabs soon as well cause if i get the solid carbon dash and door cards theres no way im cutting it to fit a heavy radio and speakers lol

Ok mate it should'nt be a problem. Good news about the radio

It wont look any good in your car anyway lol

So watch this space for a Skyline shootout contest on the drag strip and on a track!

Hang on, Lets make that the best of 3 with the 3rd event being how many miles you can do without filling up the tank! :lol:

lol 3 fuel pumps i reckon i might lose... jays has always been surprisingly good on fuel considering he drives it like a loon lol

Damn! That's a nice ride J, see a lot of TLC has gone into that, respect is due8). Don't suppose you see much more than 20mpg. Worth it in smiles per miles any day :bigsmile:

RW

Thanks RW

With the old fuel prices going down I am getting a lot more miles in the car which means a hell of a lot of smiles

Last night it took me 2 hours to get home. The station is only 5 minutes from my house lol.

your preaching to two steer from the rear boys here mate not lovers of the 4wd or speed sensitive 4wd stuff

2wd all the way

I have had some art work done for the car. It's going to be printed on A3 and I am going to frame it and put it above my TV in the living room even if I have to fight the wife to do it ::rofl::

Anyway what do you guys think?

SPMSkylinesmall.jpg

Looks good - who needs lambo posters with something like that.

Any room for a TorqueCars logo on the real thing? - PM me!

When will the car be finished and feature ready Econ?

I have had some art work done for the car. It's going to be printed on A3 and I am going to frame it and put it above my TV in the living room even if I have to fight the wife to do it ::rofl::

Anyway what do you guys think?

SPMSkylinesmall.jpg

Sweet ride mate. I've always liked skylines their proper beasts. I love em. Another masterpiece from Nissan..

Nice One, A real lovely one.

I wish I could find a nice Skyline as well in the UK, or Germany.

Btw can u tell me where it is cheaper to get one? (Used)

and do they all have in standard like leather, black and leather steering wheels? and sports optical seats? with Manuel Gearbox?

cheers

awesome car mate my r34 is yellow to and very clean it had done only 28 ooo miles when we got it last year we put about 10 ooo on it as it is a daily runner they sure do put a smile on ya face