My Next Car

MisterHolaMan

Torque Junkie
Car
none
As you all know, my Fiero project is doomed, so let's move on. I might get my mom's 2004 Honda Odyssey, but we just rolled the odometer, so I want to refresh it a little. I was gonna take out the rear seats to make it a little more efficient, but what else should I do? It handles very well, especially for being a minivan, but I'm thinking of possibly bracing the chassis to make it a little less loose. What else should I do? Should I run royal purple coolant/brake/trans fluid? And would taping off the gaps in body panels help with mpgs at all? Eventually I want to mod the engine, does anybody know anything for the J series v6? Could I do a head swap or something? Any ideas are open, give me some ideas!!!

I have no idea what most of that means. What is Royal Purple fluid? why do you want a good handling / fast minivan?

If your looking for tuning options, surely a head swap will be far more expensive than filter / exhaust / remap?

Bracing the chassis on something that big will only make very minor difference (if any) I think. If its handling and speed your looking for, I would forget a minivan and go for something smaller / lighter / lower centre of gravity.

Hope this helps

Well, the 04 Odyssey is seriously the only minivan in the world that I really like. It's already got an ample amount of torque, and does handle pretty good. Do you guys not have Royal Purple in the UK? They make really good synthetic oil and different fluids. Obviously I would have to look for something smaller if I wanted really good performance, but there are some racing Odysseys out at Tsukuba. And a head swap would definitely be for way later on. Any other ideas?