My new toy...

According to press release, they're bringing 100 Saloons and 150 Estates per year to the UK... so clearly they expect the sleeper to be more popular.

yeah ive yet to see one round here but seen a couple up in edinburgh 2 or 3 months ago. all have been estates. proberly because the folk that are buying and trying to insure them are older and want the extra luggage room.

wish VW Uk would hurry up and fit the R36 to the Golf like US and europe have

Proper job, the hard bit now is deciding which car keys to pick up! :D

At the moment.. that answer is easy. The W8 just had a fit on the way home..

Scanned it with my laptop --> "Cylinder 6: Misfire Detected"

*awesome*

Oh for fudging sake... I tempted fate. I said to my mechanic that this will be it now, they'll all fail in quick succession.

Guess what...

Just had to limp it home again, Cylinder 7 mis-fire. That's 3 coils in 2 months now!! :(

It does sound like the batch have all reached the end of their life! I guess they are fed up with all the full throttle driving you do:lol:

Got another 2 arriving at 13:00hrs.... One for Cylinder 7, another for spare.

The day gets better too. Since lowering my suspension, I suspected the auto-level on the Xenons to go mad. To my surprise, it was fine.

They noticed during MOT that a little arm near the suspension had snapped (which was the xenon level sensor). Technically part of the suspension, it had to be fixed to pass.

Now its giving a signal... bam... the Xenons are right up in the air!!

I think something's up to, possibly the sensor is bottomed out, as it won't let me initiate adjustment via the laptop. Time to jack the car up to check my theory :(

I have a love/hate relationship with this car. Currently more hate than love.

just watch yourself
r32biturbo307ed5.jpg

somebody trying to put 1000hp through the 32 engine found it in on vwortex guys building a R36 turbo

I've no plans to tune this engine at all... apart from maybe a cat-back exhaust just for noise. It already goes like holy stink anyway - so hopefully I shouldn't have any incidents as above... !

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back