My new Supra

adam1983

Road Burner
Car
Supra T67dbb 6Spd
Bought a new Supra a few days ago so thought I would share the details with you guys. Below is just a copy and paste from the original spec list for the car from the ad. Very high spec and looks really nice. Will get some pictures up once I have got a few to put up. I will also put the dyno graph up too for anyone interested in that sort of thing. Any questions let me know.

ENGINE
Stock bottom end
New front crank seal and uprated MVP style oil pump
SRD stage 3 Cams
Custom one off polished S/S Spark Plug cover
Polished Q45 throttle body
Polished Greddy Plenum
TPS adaptor
Titanium valve springs and retainers
Full engine gasket kit done only 1k miles ago
K & N Airfilter
Polished SRD custom FMIC kit
Blitz oil cap
K & N breather filter
Polished fan shroud cover
SRD radiator with samco bottom hoses and polished top hose
Cam belt and AUX belt were done 2k miles ago
Battery to boot relocation kit
SRD expansion tank painted black
Coil packs are nearly new and only done a few thousand miles.
Blitz DD BOV
SRD billet water neck

Turbo and Exhaust side

Billet Preciscion T6765H DBB Turbo .81ar with polished housing
Custom OBX 321 Stainless Steel Manifold
50mm Wastegate
Custom Screamer Pipe
4" Full-Race Pro Sport Downpipe
4" Full-Race Pro Sport Mid pipe
Full 4" HKS TI Exhaust system - Sounds AMAZING !

Drive-train

6speed v160
Uprated lightened flywheel
RPS Street max 6 puck clutch which has alot of miles left in it according to Austec guys
Big UK differential - very sought after these days

ECU and mapping

Syvecs S6 ECU with sensors etc
Toucan touch screen display fitted by SRD
Mapped originally by tommy at Ausetc racing then tweaked and altered by Ryan G and Lee at SRD

Fueling and ignition

NGK Racing Spec spark plugs- probably the best spark plug out there at the moment,
ASNU 1000cc Injectors with Injector clinic Top feed fuel rail
Dual Bosch 044 pumps and larger fuel lines
Turbo smart FPR with gauge

Suspension

Uprated Titan ARB fitted by SRD with all new drop links all around
Stock Shock absorbers with eibach 30mm lowering springs fitted

Brakes and Alloys

Uk spec front brake kit bought new a year ago from whifbitz
Jspec rears
Have brand new front and rear pads waiting to go on when i get a chance.
19" Jade R alloy wheels 8.5j fronts and 10j Rears
front tyres are Kumho ecsta sports, bought a few months ago
rear tyres are Vredesteins with plenty of tread as where bought new 2 months ago
Do luck braided brake lines all around

Exterior

Facelift 1997 shape in Toyota 040 White

Stock front bumper with Genuine MVP urethane lip, unpainted ( ears cut off)
Trial rear with lower splitter part sprayed black
Blitz side skirts
TRD rear spolier - wrapped the blade and end caps in 3m carbon affect wrap.
Tinted rear and rear quarter windows
black toyota badges
HID lights

Ice and Interior

Kenwood Double DIN DVD, Touch screen ,Ipod, CD and Sat nav Player
Ipod cable routed to the middle glove box
Infinity Dual sub box with built in amp wired in the boot
SRD front speaker mounts ready to go in but havent had the time

dash parts that are removable have been covered in black suede affect
Full stainless steel dial rings set
metal monkey dials
Full White LED conversion of lights on dash etc
Stock black leather seats front and rear-
TRD floor matts
KODE deep dish steering wheel covered in suede (to match the dash) with white stitching

Performance

629bhp and 730ftlbs torque

ok a few pictures I took earlier:

Attachments

• supra1.jpeg
    supra1.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 12
  • supra2.jpeg
    supra2.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 11
  • supra3.jpeg
    supra3.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 14
  • supra4.jpeg
    supra4.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 11
  • supra5.jpeg
    supra5.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 10
This one feels a lot faster but only has around an extra 80bhp. The biggest difference is the big torque increase from my last one. New one has about 200 more so quite a big difference in acceleration.
Still getting used to the clutch in this one but shouldn't take too long. Once is can get the gear changing down to a tee with this clutch it will be interesting to find out what it can do on the strip.
Maybe another torque cars meet at Santa pod? :)

is it hard to get all the power down with it being rwd? what time do you reckon 1/4 mile will take?

It is quite tricky to get the balance right in the first 3 gears but once going its much easier.
My last supra had around the 560bhp mark but didnt feel as planted as my new one. The turbo on my old one used to spool up very quickly though so was very difficult to get power down. It was capable of running low 12s but best I managed off a few runs was low 13s. The terminal speed was quite high at 118mph but the 60ft times were awful due to spinning the rears.
Im hoping to get into the 11s but will probably be happy around the low 12s to start off with. So many different factors come into drag racing especially with a manual box. Will be interesting either way :)

So many different factors come into drag racing especially with a manual box. Will be interesting either way :)

I had absolutely no idea that drag racing was such a skilled art :embarrest:

I naturally assumed (In my early days) that the Christmas lights went green then you planted your foot down on the throttle and kept it there until you passed the timing display at the end. It just goes to show that something that appears to be simple ain't neccesarily so! ;)

I had absolutely no idea that drag racing was such a skilled art :embarrest:

I naturally assumed (In my early days) that the Christmas lights went green then you planted your foot down on the throttle and kept it there until you passed the timing display at the end. It just goes to show that something that appears to be simple ain't neccesarily so! ;)

You should give it a go mate. Would have been good to see you go down the strip at last years event.
You up for going down in a few weeks?

You should give it a go mate. Would have been good to see you go down the strip at last years event.
You up for going down in a few weeks?

I will see how it goes young man, lots of work to do and the beast is going in for a little more tweaking here and there ;)

I do hope to pop along to the Ace Cafe soon for an outing and sample one of those huge burgers :)

Any pics of the toucan sceen as I am considering fitting an S5 eco and want a screen which will show the gauges

Ver nice car BTW supras do look great in white.

Any pics of the toucan sceen as I am considering fitting an S5 eco and want a screen which will show the gauges

Ver nice car BTW supras do look great in white.

I will get you a couple of pictures tomorrow if you like. It's an excellent bit of kit and a lot tidier than having gauges all over the place. Really easy to use too

Maybe oz can start an ace cafe meet thread and Transfer the meet comme nts so we don't clutter up your supra thread

It's done sleeper, the title is: Ace Cafe TC Meet.

I shall delete the Ace cafe stuff from Adam's thread now.

Very nice car BTW supras do look great in white.

As requested I have added a few pictures of the toucan screen. Its fully customisable with multiple views so you can have different gauges for different uses.
If you tap a gauge it displays it in a larger mode of that gauge on its own for easier monitoring.
Comes with a few different gauge colours to suit different styles of interior. Its very easy to use and loads of settings to customise it to suit your needs.
Any questions let me know :)

Attachments

• toucan1.jpg
    toucan1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 2
  • toucan2.jpg
    toucan2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 4
  • toucan3.jpg
    toucan3.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 3
  • toucan4.jpg
    toucan4.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 3
  • toucan5.jpg
    toucan5.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 3
Nice car and I love how the torque comes in so early. Best colour too! :blink1:

It is quite tricky to get the balance right in the first 3 gears but once going its much easier.
My last supra had around the 560bhp mark but didnt feel as planted as my new one. The turbo on my old one used to spool up very quickly though so was very difficult to get power down. It was capable of running low 12s but best I managed off a few runs was low 13s. The terminal speed was quite high at 118mph but the 60ft times were awful due to spinning the rears.
Im hoping to get into the 11s but will probably be happy around the low 12s to start off with. So many different factors come into drag racing especially with a manual box. Will be interesting either way :)

T9man, he's right, there are so many things going on in such a small amount of time it really isn't as easy as it seems. At Japshow Finale, one of our guys was pushing 416 BHP (dyno dynamics) and was running 13.2-13.4 all day. Frustrated, he asked me if I would take it down the strip for him. First run with a far less than perfect launch, hitting the limiter in 2 gears due to his aftermarket replacement dials reading slightly different to stock by about 200 rpm .......... 12.6 = one happy owner. That car has a 12.3 in it for sure.

I think with the right run your new car has 11s for sure. 118 mph with the right launch is probably good for high 11s.

Maybe set up boost in gears and reduce 1st?

Thought about entering the Jap Drag Series, we are potentially going to run an entry class or academy next season?

André

Nice car and I love how the torque comes in so early. Best colour too! :blink1:

T9man, he's right, there are so many things going on in such a small amount of time it really isn't as easy as it seems. At Japshow Finale, one of our guys was pushing 416 BHP (dyno dynamics) and was running 13.2-13.4 all day. Frustrated, he asked me if I would take it down the strip for him. First run with a far less than perfect launch, hitting the limiter in 2 gears due to his aftermarket replacement dials reading slightly different to stock by about 200 rpm .......... 12.6 = one happy owner. That car has a 12.3 in it for sure.

I think with the right run your new car has 11s for sure. 118 mph with the right launch is probably good for high 11s.

Maybe set up boost in gears and reduce 1st?

Thought about entering the Jap Drag Series, we are potentially going to run an entry class or academy next season?

André

Not sure what the terminal speed on this one will be but I expect it to be a bit more. Main problem with my previous car was traction off the line. Tyres on my new car seem loads better so much more planted than before.
Where abouts does the jap drag series run? Could be interested in getting involved in this depending on costs.

All 5 rounds are at the Pod. Costs for the Academy were being talked about and thought to be around the same as RWYB fees.

New faces are always welcome.

André

All 5 rounds are at the Pod. Costs for the Academy were being talked about and thought to be around the same as RWYB fees.

New faces are always welcome.

André

Sounds good. Is this going to be starting next year? If so when are full details going to be released? Any details or a website link are welcome.

Cheers

Mods, delete this if I shouldn't be posting up.

Www.japdragseries.co.uk

Click on the forum link at the top and create a profile, subscribe to the JDS sections for email notifications and you should be alerted. I have the same user name on there too.

André

As requested I have added a few pictures of the toucan screen. Its fully customisable with multiple views so you can have different gauges for different uses.
If you tap a gauge it displays it in a larger mode of that gauge on its own for easier monitoring.
Comes with a few different gauge colours to suit different styles of interior. Its very easy to use and loads of settings to customise it to suit your needs.
Any questions let me know :)

Thats a very smart bit of kit there looks alot better than having gauges everywhere shame it look expensive as it would look great in my car

Thats a very smart bit of kit there looks alot better than having gauges everywhere shame it look expensive as it would look great in my car

When I am back in Nottingham on a weekend I can pop over and show you how it all works if you like.
Be a chance to have a look at your car too :)

When I am back in Nottingham on a weekend I can pop over and show you how it all works if you like.
Be a chance to have a look at your car too :)

yeah thats sound mate but if its after the end of october it may have to wait till next year im taking it off the road when the tax runs out until next year

yeah thats sound mate but if its after the end of october it may have to wait till next year im taking it off the road when the tax runs out until next year

Was good to see you and your car earlier today.
Hopefully see you again at a couple of meets next year when it's all sorted :)