My new motor.

Well, Unfortunately the Calibra is gone :( But on the flip side, i've now gt a family car I'm very happy with and quite surprised I got the deal to be fair. Payed £700 for the Calibra back in October last year, I've run the tax and MOT out and swapped it for this Vectra which was listed for £1500. Plus I got £200 on top as well which I was really surprised to be offered. But at the end of the day, an enthusiast bought it and he said he'll pay what he thinks it's truly worth. So deal done :):):)

Any who, shes a 2001 Y reg 2.6 Vectra SRi. Not 100% of the name of the colour yet lol but I really like it. Absolutely mint interior with no mark at all on the half leather. 96,000 miles with only 2 owners before me (last one had it 7 years). Came with 12 months MOT and 6 months tax was payed for and confirmed in the post by DVLA :) All rose bushes have been done along with a full new exhaust system, under seal, fuel and brakes lines and now she wants for absolutely nothing.

The 2.6 engine is the first of this kind I've had, even though it's my 4th V6. The torque is really surprising compared to the 2.5 GSi engine or even my recent 3.0. Kicks with quite a punch for a standard car.

The only thing I can say about it is that it's missing the black splitter from the front but I want to either put on a GSi bumper or a Laguna or SEAT splitter. Oh and it has a wide mouth bumper as standard as well. No mods what so ever but I still have my Miltek downpipes so might get them fitted along with a sports cat and de-centre section, lower it by 40mm and stick some nice Vauxhall 17's on it. Plans for the engine are quite simple. Set of 4 G cams from a 3.0 V6 (the GSI's only have 2 G cams) a nice 4 bar FPR, fuel pump and a remap. That little lot should see a minimum of 200-210bhp

Pics:-
This is what it looked like when I got it:

CIMG2570.jpg

CIMG2571.jpg

Full treatment of meguiars clay kit followed by meguiars 3 stage system and now looks like so:

CIMG2574.jpg

CIMG2572.jpg

CIMG2573.jpg

CIMG2576.jpg

Quick shot of the interior:
CIMG2575.jpg

I think it's fairly safe to say I came out on top once again lol. What ya reckon then peeps?

Last edited:
very nice, quite rare to find these 2.6l. the other day i saw a pristene 2.6l vectra and the bloke got out of the car he must of been in his 80's easily. good on him lol. nice motor and cant believe you got rid of the calibra such a nice motor.

indeed they are, they seem to ware incredibly well

They do better than that mate. A few years ago, aload of C25XE engines (ones from the cav and calibra) and they found that not all 2.5 V6's produce the standard same power. Som have been recorded to have a furrther 15bhp over standard once they hit 100,000 miles. However, the X25XE from the newer Veccys, do appear to all be the same howeverm also free up extra horses once they hit 100,000. I have some proof of this happening if anyone wants to see the resaults of the tests.

Mine has now done 101,000 due to the move and it does seem to rev a little more freely since I had it.

But none the less, mods will commence soon. I need to find a local exhaust shop and a rolling road centre as I want a full exhaust system, also gonna replace the cams for fast road cams from Courtenay and then get it mapped. Should be looking at well over 200bhp once done.

Not gonna bother with the flywheel until the gearbox gets done. Gonna change the F23 for an 6 speed F28 that my friend has reserved for me til the new year. Sorted it for £340 and it's been rebult with alot of new parts so gonna have that off him. Then get a turbo lightweight flywheel which is even lighter, then we will be looking at some nice acceleration. If a LSD turns up between now and then I may consider one of those aswell but we'll see.

Nope, can't be done as they are different stud layout for the bolts. The C20XE inlet cam can be used ont he turbo and releases about 20bhp for as little as £20. The flywheel from the redtop can also be used for the turbo engine. The V6 flywheel is huge and heavy to start with due to emission regs around the world so Vauxhall had to make the V6's able to tick over as low as 600rpms, so is one of the best mods for a V6 as the weight saving is about 9.4KG and it makes a big difference compared to most as most flywheels aren't as heavy as these, so well worth doing.

If using the 6 speed from a turbo liek I want to do, I have to use the c20xe flywheel, lightened then mated with a turbo cluth with the turbo gearbox. But Courtenay and regal do a 20XE flywheel restudded for the V6. Or the V6 lightened flywheel with turbo clutch and box. Need spacers to move the engine over though regardless lol.

Hello peeps.

Not gonna jump into retyping what i've put in my other thread today but i've finally got some pics of the car when I went down the beach the other day in Newquay. Only 2 months late lmao.

Hope everyone has been ok. Noticed a shed load more peeps signed up since I was about before christmas. Hoping to spend a bit more time on here now we all sorted for the new arrival and new home. Only thing that will keep me away is when Lianne goes into labour between now and the 16th of Feb.

Anway, onto some pics. Only got these in the end due to a possible trade that might be coming up for me ( CLICK HERE FOR MY TRADE THREAD ) as the chap wanted to see mine but on the other hand, at least I got some up to date pics with the coilovers fitted.

Went for 60mm front and 50mm rear in the end and handles like its on rails. Seriously recommend this set-up to anyone that doesn't want coilover that cost £1000's. Anywho, pics ahoy...

CIMG2938-1.jpg

CIMG2940.jpg

CIMG2939-1.jpg

Ignore the yellow dots, silly photobucket editing lol.

CIMG2941-1.jpg

Well BAD63R, the car looks very nice and sits lovely down that low! ;)
Best wishes for your impending new arrival by the way! Do you have any particular preference as to the choice of the rugrat? a little rascal or a little princess? :)

Well BAD63R, the car looks very nice and sits lovely down that low! ;)
Best wishes for your impending new arrival by the way! Do you have any particular preference as to the choice of the rugrat? a little rascal or a little princess? :)

Cheers mate. But neh we've left it a suprise this time. We have a daughter already so i'd would like a "mad little modder" but aslong as it healthy is the bottom line :) Due any day now til 16th so tense around here lol.

Got it one mate, bu yeh they actually handle really well considering they aren't the most expensive out there.

Cheers mate. But neh we've left it a suprise this time. We have a daughter already so i'd would like a "mad little modder" but aslong as it healthy is the bottom line :) Due any day now til 16th so tense around here lol.

Lol, girls can like cars too, my little 5 year old daughter loves watching when I'm working on the car.

This sold over 3 years ago now. Went on to buying my Vectra GSi estate afterwards. Then went to my Vectra Supertouring. Then was my second Scooby. Followed by my insane prefacelift Vectra GSi which ended upo with a 3.2 conversion. Then bought a Calibra SE5, and now have my MG ZS180.

Have a look through my old threads as nearly every car I've had whilst on this site has been documented very well. Even my turbo conversion on my first Vectra is still in the article section ;)

But heres a bit of light reading for you ;)

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/search/26458/