My MG

I know an MG isn't everyones cup of tea, but I love it. It's been in my possession for over 5.5 years and is work in progress. Not one to have shed loads of money to throw at it as having a house, wife, teenage daughters, cats and dogs etc tends to drain the stamford wallet somewhat!

So on that basis having a couple of cars is a bit of a luxury so it gets treated as and when funds allow and when bargins come up!

Technically it is work in progress as I am always finding something to do on it.

Current spec:
  • 2002 MG ZS180
  • BMC CDA induction kit, silicon hoses, cold air feed to foglight aperture.
  • Janspeed cat back exhaust.
  • Decat with MIL kit.
  • Remapped by Reidyremaps, now running 200bhp on 95RON.
  • Stripped interior. Battery in box behind passenger seat.
  • Corbeau Forza bucket seats, Sabelt harness.
  • AVO coilovers.
  • Few other bits and bobs.
sigpic.jpg

DSCF1086.jpg

DSCF1081.jpg

DSCF1087.jpg

Got a list of stuff to do as the clutch is starting to show signs of wear, first one after 78k miles. I have a gearbox waiting to go in, fitted with a Torsen type B differential, so looking to change the flywheel for something lighter.

Also want some adjustable front and rear arms to set the camber for track use.

Keeping an eye out for some 4 pots calipers to upgrade the fronts a bit more. The standard ones are very good but for serious tracking it could do with a bit more help.

The wife hates it now as it is too noisy and she can't see out as the seats too low! You can't please then all!

It certainly shakes a few people up as it is no slouch when on song and handles superbly which is its strongpoint, excellent chassis.

Once the clutch and box have been done it's getting its map tweaked again to run on 98/99RON.

Just need to find me another set of alloys and sell the 18s on it as they run too close to the body for my liking. I'll be going back down to 17s now.

Well mate, you know I like em, I had a ZS180 myself. Sort out the plastic clutch bits with metal Honda ones and you're laughing. Only had a BMC CDA on mine and it was fast enough. So much fun to drive.

Already ditched the plastic master and slave, now fitted with Honda ones. Just need to make up an adjustable rod end for the slave to clutch arm.

That's certainly changed from the last time I saw it on here! Looks like a lot of fun too. :bigsmile:
I'd still like one these, maybe one day if I can bear to part with my little Rover. :amuse:

That's certainly changed from the last time I saw it on here! Looks like a lot of fun too. :bigsmile:
I'd still like one these, maybe one day if I can bear to part with my little Rover. :amuse:

Since getting the Landy it has meant I can strip the MG and use it as it should be. No need for the rear seats anymore! Someone I know just bought a 70k 2002 example with cambelts done for £795, an absolute steal! There's a chap on the ZS forum who selling a sorted one for £2k, running 270 cams, Quaife diff, fully poly-bushed, worth more broken!

Not my cup of tea but very nice all the same. You appear to have two doors too many lol.

Yea, but useful for reaching the battery ;)

There's a chap on the ZS forum who selling a sorted one for £2k, running 270 cams, Quaife diff, fully poly-bushed, worth more broken!

That is a serious performance bargain, the ZS handles incredibly well even without an LSD. If I had 2 grand I'd have that like a shot. Anyone want to buy a Bora?

One of my neighbours has one, in the same colour no less. It looks great and they are fantastic cars. It is a big move on from the Rover 220Gti days and is a shame that MG Rover went the way it did.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back