my kad mini

here we go then as promissed in my first post.

just a random pic of my mini at home (and no its not me in the pic lol)
miniathome600x600.jpg

One at modded uk 06
miniatmoded600x600.jpg

now the mental bit
enginebaytop600x600.jpg

minienginesideon600x600.jpg

enginebayfront600x600.jpg

one of the alloys made from magnesium, super light weight at 2.5kg a wheel
miniwheel600x600.jpg

now for the spec for us petrol heads

ENGINE DRIVECHAIN AND BRAKES
Stage 2 : 140-150bhp
================
Applications: Low mileage road and competition use. Straight cut gears are required here

Carburetted engine: 140-50bhp, capacity 1380cc.
KAD latest spec small valve 16 valve cylinder head with belt assembly,
L1 inlet and BD3 exhaust cams, 11.5:1 compression ratio
A+ block with four bolt centre main cap, bored and honed
73.5mm flat top Cosworth forged pistons
Vandervell Competition engine bearings
Metro turbo crankshaft 81.28 stroke
Metro turbo conrods, lightened balanced and shot peened with ARP bolts
HP oil pump, water pump
Twin Weber 40 DCOE carburettors
Aldon distributor with Ignitor Electronic ignition
KAD alloy flywheel and backplate
AP grey diaphragm pressure plate and clutch
4-2-1 exhaust manifold and 2" bore twin box system
Top and bottom radiator hoses, top radiator mounting
GRP 16 valve bonnet
Complete engine unit built and dyno run

straight cut dog leg kad gearbox

Face dog type, straight cut gears.

Compact gear train fits into a standard rod change casing

1:1 direct top gear, lower torque loss in fifth gear compared to an overdriven 5 speed unit.

Dog leg first; 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gears in 'H' pattern.

Gears manufactured from S156, an Aerospace VAR steel, selector forks from AB2 aluminium bronze.

Ratios: 1st 2.616:1, 2nd 1.989:1, 3rd 1.671:1, 4th 1.294:1, 5th 1:1

Input and output spline as standard Mini

Supplied with extra bearing support for pinion end of main shaft and centre oil pickup pipe

Kad 6 pot calipers and kad 7.5" disc's vented and grooved.

2inch pipe all the way through to a playmini twin backbox.

running 146BHP and road legal

its mental, she weighs about 550kgs so has no worrys keeping up with sccobie sti's lol

INSIDE
corbeau classic buckets
Kad quick shift

SUSPENSION
Spax suspension all round
Kad adjustable tie rods
Kad adjustable bottom arms
Kad alloy swing arms

Looks awesome M8. Nice spec list :shock: . So your quarter mile time should be about 12.5 secs. Have you done any runs in it? How long did it take to build it? Any problems along the way? Setting up the twin 40's can be a real pig - any tips to pass on? Anything still to sort? Is she well behaved in traffic?

havent dun any qaut's in her yet iknow on 0-60 its about 4-5 seconds depending on road conditions cos of the torque stear, i brought her off a mate who works for the company who build these mini's, but took about 3 years in all cos they are very expensive now he is building a mi6 (not sure wat model) but that is purly for track use.

settin up the carbs is kinda funky lol getting him to teach me how to do it properly.

not to bad in traffic apart from when shes been runnin for a while.

gets a bit annoying as clutch cant be held down for any longer than 10 seconds apart from that its great fun.

im starting to build a new one in the summer next year, i saw a vid on youtube of one with a honda vtec 1600 or 1800 lump in it and i like wat i see
here is the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj3LmIuovYQ

mines about the same speed as that but mine is not geared for a masive top speed its more of a drag racer but good on a track an all

Looks really good buddy. Bet you catch a lot of people out at the lights. Good luck with the next project.

it does confuse a lot of people wen at the lights yep lol

the next mini aint a deff yet i might stick a metro turbo lump in 1 just for a laugh and something to rag about in

im not decided on wat to do yet as the b16 honda lumps are a bit xpensive, and requires new subframe in a mini to fit so a bit of a pain but good fun though

wow what a bad boy, keep up the work and maybey i'll have a car that'll match it (in my dreams lol)

Kad 16v said:
it does confuse a lot of people wen at the lights yep lol

the next mini aint a deff yet i might stick a metro turbo lump in 1 just for a laugh and something to rag about in

im not decided on wat to do yet as the b16 honda lumps are a bit xpensive, and requires new subframe in a mini to fit so a bit of a pain but good fun though

Noo dont butcher a metro turbo :cry:

im still looking at them for a project, got a few months off work starting september time so i might start then.

until then i will be spending some time in a very hot country lol all in a days work for the queen :D

Sorry to dedge this thread, but haven't been on in agessssss and now I have found the route of my (still) burning desire to own a Vtec Mini, you bar steward!

Hi a d15 or d16 civic engine and box will squeeze in a standard front round nose mini
hardest part is picking up a good shell to work with i got a civic d15z8 (115 bhp)engine and box for £100 a 1985 shell for a song ,right place at right time then off for scrap? from a breakers now have it on the road just interior to finish to save space running on gsx750 38mm carbys and 2 wire electronic dizzy it looks standard and raises a few eyebrows good fun will post some pics of the build process when i have enough posts
regards jim