My Hybrid Mini Help!

• Thread starter Bradsmith97
  • Start date
B

Bradsmith97

I have a rover mini from 1990, petrol, manual 998cc 56bhp and because of raised fuel prices soon i will not be able to afford to run the car but i love the car to pieces so selling it is out of the question. Sop instead i would like to convert the car to a hybrid, my budget is £6000, i know a lot about cars but nothing about the electrics and i can't get my head round how you would get the engine and the motor can run at the same time. If anyone has done this project before or has some basic knowledge on hybrids or would like to help out, please put in as much detail as possible including links below.

In my opinion id spend the £6000 on fuel.
But best of luck with your project. It sounds very interesting.

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

Sorry, must be me being stupid but you have one of the cheapest cars to run and are having issues with running costs but are prepared to spend £6k on alternative fuel to fit in a Mini?

Nice idea but I doubt if you would pull it off due to the size of the vehicle and what is required to fit in it to achieve your goal. Best of luck but I think you are going to waste £6k and best to use it elsewhere.

Sorry, must be me being stupid but you have one of the cheapest cars to run and are having issues with running costs but are prepared to spend £6k on alternative fuel to fit in a Mini?

I thought this Stamford, but I was still deliberating whether I should be cruel or be kind? ;)

@ Bradsmith97 I think that £6K would be better spent on another worthwhile project buddy :)

LPG conversion maybe ? couple of grand but id have to agree with stamford the mini weighs nothing and has a small engine so running costs arent exactly massive

Well I did think was I being too blunt? But I stick by what I said as I think the car in question is cheap enough to run, I should know I have raced and built many over the years. Had I think eight Mini's over the years in various guises from 850 to 1340.