Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive the car 3 months now and finally i can start my build thread

When i first brought it
newgt4.jpg

First job was to remove resonator box just behind the wheel arch
gt4010_zpse48683d4.jpg

gt4011_zps5fa7e0b5.jpg

You can see the 4 small holes they where the only things letting air flow into the filter
gt4012_zpsc9ad5df2.jpg

Then i put on my new wheels could probably do with a refurb but are loads better than what was on
gt4008_zps08e89a09.jpg

They have loads of tread 3 are brigestone so2 and one avon alone these must be more than what i actually paid for them
gt4007_zps98854b23.jpg

Now the car is 100 times better these wheels look great and im very pleased with them
gt4005_zps21496dfc.jpg

My next job was change the dump valve managed to get a blitz one cheap no there was no need to take the old recirc one off which you can see just above the blitz i will be moving the dump valve closer to the charge cooler when i get round to getting some silicon hosing what fits
gt4004_zpsab9a7761.jpg

Im not sure what im going to next as there are quite a few things i would like to change
New stereo
gt4015_zps77dea3aa.jpg

Or new suspension looks quite old and tired
gt4009_zpsb84fd585.jpg

Or lag the charge cooler and change back to standard air box if i can source one out but il probably do this as its the cheapest. Its going in for a full service and health check on wednesday im hoping they dont find something expensive that needs to be replaced as i have heard the superstrut suspension it uses is quite complicated.

so got round to fitting the boost gauge

first i wired the live into the fag lighter so the light comes on when ignition

then put the hose through the fire wall and plumbed into the inlet manifold

then i earthed it down by the door

then just put the gauge in the easiest place but the best place to see whilst driving

was going to put the oil pressure gauge next to it but the hose is not long enough to go the same route as the boost hose and there is no other holes in the firewall on the drivers side so may have to drive a small hole in the future

i can now start this back up and hopefully get it complete this year. already this year i have brought a new battery as the last 1 died just before xmas

i then moved the dump valve from the back to just off the charge cooler just a bit of hose and job done

and this week i thought cats had been at my car cover and ripped a hole in it down by the front bumper as i keep my car at my mums when i noticed i didnt take much notice untill i actually removed the cover to find

not the biggest dent and at least no paint has come off but not the point more expense and as i have not been to look at the car due to the weather in 2 weeks it could of happened anytime

Oh no! I feel for you buddy that is really nasty when someone does this and just drives off. Hope you get it sorted out cheaply and to your satisfaction.

to day i started to sand down my manifold heat shield ready as its in a pretty bad state

an hour later and very sore fingers as i dont have power tools to do it quicker

looks alot better now than gave it a good wipe down with some pre-paint wipes to get rid of all the little bits still stuck on

as i was going to paint it outside but it started to get a bit dark outside i am going to put a few coats of this on

hopefully it will come out looking like new

my next job is to change the banana arms (lower suspension arm) as money is quite tight at the moment and these cost £200 each i decided that buying from a well known breaker for less than half and still in very good condition, but the only problem is a small pin which is holding it in place seems to be stuck in there

you can just see it sticking out

first il try by soaking it in plus gas over night see if that loosens it

im determined to get the car all finished by the time i come to tax it in April

Looking good Andy, now to stretch your new found artistic skills even further, how about masking off around the louver's and spraying the top of the louver's in another contrasting colour to make them really stand out. I remember seeing this done on a Ford Pop custom car, it was very striking.

now to fix my moving squeaky spoiler first to take it off to remove the silicon underneath the spoiler which whoever did it first time did a rubbish job

i used a degreaser to help it off and a small plastic scraper and then to remove the silicon from the car itself which was even worse than i thought

used the same again and got it as smooth as possible and where needed i used a bit of black paint for where i was a bit to rough and took off a bit of paint

then to put on a proper foam gasket

as it was sticky backed it was nice and easy

then to put it back on it screwed into place and it no longer moves to where it will damage the paint

took the car out for a quick spin today and car was boosting right but had no dump valve so took it off stripped it down to find a little bit of water inside so i cleaned it up and put it back together as the car is at my mums i wont no if its worked till next weekend

i got quoted £150 to get rid of a couple of sonte chips so i thought i would have a go myself with a kit from halfords got the exact one 202 astril black.

the stone chips in question

i used this little thing to remove the small amount of rust

i then used a primer

used a small amount in each bit

the instructions said to let it go hard overnight so i came back to it today to to apply the paint as the tip is small its quite easy to put it on

i now have to leave in again overnight then blend it in with another little gadget they give you even if it does not turn out amazing at least the rust spots have gone and it will be the same color

Last edited:
i then needed to remove the old ecu so i can put my new one in at last i dont think i have ever sworn so much due to where it was there is no room to move, i was leaning over the hand brake just to get access to the other side of the foot well.

how the 2 compare and to take of the brackets holding the old one on to the new one

to put it back in i had to put the braket on first in the drivers foot well

then slide it in from the passenger foot well and attach all the connectors

then to put the carpet back so its nice and tidy

another job off the list done.

next week the car is going into the garage to have the battery relocated to the boot and the old banana arms taken off with add photos when done

so the old banana arms came off the other day im not suprised the handling was not right

along with my 4 goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric and wheel alignment the car feels completely different. the car is now running just as i want im just hoping nothing goes wrong as my budget for the year has already gone

thread will be no longer be updated as i sold the car this morning im after something newer as everytime i got in it and heard noises i thought it was going to break sold it for a good price and to somebody who will enjoy it more than me

Re: My gt4 - Now Sold!

Good news Andy, I will now lock this thread :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back