IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

youve gotto hate silver, it never shines up as well as darker colours, i spent 3 hours today washing polishing and 3 coats of wax. looks great but nowhere near as good as a black one

Thanks guys it all makes it worthwhile :D

Not got any full pics of under the bonnet, only phone pics of where i relocated my airfilter...

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Im happy with the amount of shine from it, i know other colours are better for it but most people take account for it being silver so it still gets respect :cool:

Hmm the spec list...

Exterior:
Optional front lip
Modified front bumper
PIAA Bulbs all round (even the numberplate lights) - bloody expensive!

Interior:
Boost gauge
Turbo time/ volt meter/ AFR gauge

Brakes, tyres, suspension:
Impul WRC wheels
Mintex 1144 pads
Tein superstreet coilovers with adjustable top mounts
Yoko Parada Spec 2 tyres

Engine:
HKS FCD
SARD Rising rate fuel pressure regulator
HKS hi power exhaust
Autobahn FMIC
HKS actuator
Relocated airfilter
Magnetic sump plug

i really like the look of this.
How do you find the coilovers from Tein - am about to buy a set for the Scooby so are they worth the money?

i really like the look of this.
How do you find the coilovers from Tein - am about to buy a set for the Scooby so are they worth the money?

The teins are great for road use! Are you buying them from the uk? A lot of starlets come over from japan with jap spec coilovers and are rock hard

No engine bay shots im afraid, apart from whats posted further up ^^^

Thanks for the comments guys :)

What sort of BHP have you had from this? Also what is the acceleration like?

Thanks.

I havnt had it rolling roaded but going from other cars with similar modifications i would estimate 160 bhp.

Acceleration is great, about the same/slightly quicker acceleration than my mates stripped b16 eg civic. Totally obliterated a focus ST. He was on his own and i was 3 up in mine, he pulled out to overtake on a nice straight bit of...erm...private road and he had no chance :p

I havnt had it rolling roaded but going from other cars with similar modifications i would estimate 160 bhp.

Acceleration is great, about the same/slightly quicker acceleration than my mates stripped b16 eg civic. Totally obliterated a focus ST. He was on his own and i was 3 up in mine, he pulled out to overtake on a nice straight bit of...erm...private road and he had no chance :p

Very nice i am most likely going to purchase a glanza for my first car if the insurance doesnt go up, i checked a quote and it wasnt to bad im looking forward to it.

I've heard that they are very good cars and rapid when you need them to be, nice car :D

How fast have you had it up to?

Had it showing 150 on the clock with more to go...probably 130 true speed.

All gt turbos and glanzas are imports mate, never sold outside of japan :blink1:

The teins are great for road use! Are you buying them from the uk? A lot of starlets come over from japan with jap spec coilovers and are rock hard

Yes, buying them from the UK with front and rear tein strut braces to match - should be on around the end May/early June when i have time to fit them. Also considering to replace all the front end bushes for poly ones although dont want to pay superflex's prices.

Alright yoof, just popping in to ask a few questions about your Glanza-mobile if one doesn't mind.

What's it like on the motorway? Cruising at say 85-90? Does it still retain reasonable fuel consumption cruising at these speeds? What sort of mileage are you getting to a tank?

I want something fun to drive you see. I can sometimes do 400miles+ a week but then other times the car can be layed up for weeks due to work getting us a van to use or lodging away. And also reliable as I often don't have much time to be fixing the one car, let alone two. What do you reckon buddy?

Cheers.

At 4000rpm youl be showing about 90mph in 5th (probably about 80mph true speed)

I usually get about 230-240miles a tank, works out at about 34mpg with mixed town and motorway driving, not going easy all the time either, just normal driving i suppose opening it up every now and again.

Reliability: Well ive had no problems with mine, if you start running a bar of boost through the standard mani youre risking ring/piston damage. Even modified like mine i seriously doubt you will get any problems...you only start to get reliability issues when trying to push big boost on standard internals

They have small tanks don't they? About £30 a tank? My Mk2 Punto sits at 4000rpm at 90 (indicated not actual) so there's no difference there. It'll probably be simular economy on a run then I'd imagine. But I'll have BOOOOST back when I want it lol. I'm getting just over 40mpg atm, but that's ragging the b*ll*cks off the bleeder to get it to go any where!

Don't plan on any major modifications, but never say never :amuse: Hmmmm...I'd better get on the look out for a decent one. White ftw! I miss having a small-engined turbo car so much it's killing me.

I know buddy but cheers anyways. A switchable boost system can be installed on a lot of cars very easily and cheaply if you know what you're doing, or one of the more expensive EBC's can be used. In fact, if I get one, I might install the my Apexi AVC-R in it, as it's out of the GT at the moment...

About £35 for a tank of v power.

The low boost button will do nothing for economy, and most have been bypassed so that they hit full boost in 1st and 2nd.

You can run up to .8bar before you hit fuel cut :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back