My Fabia vRS

Nice, it's in pretty good nick. The colour looks different in different lights. It looks like your number plate is melting ;) :lol:

Last edited:
Nice one dude...what's it like to drive?

It's one of the nicest cars I've driven. Steering is nicely weighted and the power has surprised a lot of people. Some have asked has it been remapped but it hasn't it's completely standard apart from the head unit.

It's the 1st car since my 1st car (which was only a bog standard Mk3 Astra 1.4) that I feel happy when I drive it. It always puts a smile on my face it's a pleasure to be in. Gear changes are very smooth and does pull like a train.

I have dabbled with the idea of a remap but I don't see the point at the moment, mainly because of the costs like clutch, extra wear on driveshafts, etc. If say the clutch or DMF goes then if I have the cash to do it I will uprate the clutch, fit a single flywheel and then remap. Should be good for 190bhp and well over 400nm of torque. The standard clutch can only cope with about 380nm of torque.

Nice, it's in pretty good nick. The colour looks different in different lights. It looks like your number plate is melting ;) :lol:

All the panels are original. It's had no spray it's a straight car. It's just a combination of bad lighting and my bad camera on my phone. I did the number plate thing on Photobucket and copied and pasted the pics

hey kai_mitsurugi, have you ever thought about the Octavia RS?
175HP 2.0L engine (similar with the golf GTI) They can dig up more than the fabia, and they're not diesel. some guys i know, they made a octavia dig up to 320 HP

charger the octavia rs is avalible as 2.0 turbo petrol 200bhp or 2.0 diesel 170bhp.

and both car were standard on top gear, if they cooper had the same mods it would proberly still get away from the fabia on a track

charger the octavia rs is avalible as 2.0 turbo petrol 200bhp or 2.0 diesel 170bhp.

and both car were standard on top gear, if they cooper had the same mods it would proberly still get away from the fabia on a track

the older one was 175-180 HP somewhere stock. the new one might be 200 HP. dunno exactly, but i know that they're based on golf GTI, while Fabia is based on the Polo GTI.

the old one was 180 from a 1.8 ( exact same car as mine but octavia had a 5 speed box rather than a 6 speed and a different front end) the fabia was also used the same chasis as the golf

anyways, why do you think that the S would have a chance, if the skoda gets some more mods?
and welcome to the site mate, enjoy it!
I'm assuming the Fabia VRS is the diesel version, that was the one put against the Cooper on Topgear.

Both have around 130bhp, but the derv VRS out gunned it with the amount of torque it has.

I would think if the derv VRS was re-mapped and other mods made, it would obliterate the Cooper S (in standars form). Plus it would have better fuel consumption, when been given some beans!!

Cheers
Dave

yeah but thats unfair. thats like me doing a big turbo upgrade then putting it against the older s3 in standard form.

the big problem youd have with the fabia would be the handleing as the derv engine is heavy

yeah but thats unfair. thats like me doing a big turbo upgrade then putting it against the older s3 in standard form.

the big problem youd have with the fabia would be the handleing as the derv engine is heavy
Depending on the budget, could go all out and get a coilover kit, such as GAZ or LEDA, that would sort the handling out.

Nothing is fair in the game of tuning, you want to get the best out of the car for the budget.

Cheers
Dave

i agree about the handling for the fabia. they don't have any good handling. but this thing, the fabia vs the mini to me looks more like skills vs reputation. mini has reputation, but the skoda is keeping better on their old good tradition.

Right to clear some things up the Fabia is pretty much the same as a Polo (9N) and an Ibiza MK3

The Polo GTI is a 1.8T but you can get a Polo GT TDI which shares the same engine as the Fabia vRS or the Ibiza FR which is 130bhp, 6 speed and up to 2006 has the engine code ASZ and 2006 on has the engine code BLT.

I went for the Fabia over the other two because the Polo was far too expensive as you were paying for the name and the Ibiza looks a little bit girly and the interior trim isn't the same quality as the other two.

The Mk1 Octavia vRS is a 1.8T with 180bhp as is the old SEAT Leon. The standard Mk4 Golf GTI on which these two are based has only 150bhp.

The Mk2 Octavia vRS is based on the Mk5 Golf GTI, Audi A3 and the SEAT Leon. The vRS can either have the 2.0T 200bhp from the Golf GTI or a 2.0 TDI 170bhp which is used in the Golf GT TDI and the Leon FR. The Leon Cupra has a 2.0T but has 240bhp

Hope this helps

And with regards to handling people say the vRS doesn't handle well but to be honest it's never going to be a Lotus Exige but I think for a standard car it handles really well. I've never lost it yet.

Right to clear some things up the Fabia is pretty much the same as a Polo (9N) and an Ibiza MK3

The Polo GTI is a 1.8T but you can get a Polo GT TDI which shares the same engine as the Fabia vRS or the Ibiza FR which is 130bhp, 6 speed and up to 2006 has the engine code ASZ and 2006 on has the engine code BLT.

I went for the Fabia over the other two because the Polo was far too expensive as you were paying for the name and the Ibiza looks a little bit girly and the interior trim isn't the same quality as the other two.

The Mk1 Octavia vRS is a 1.8T with 180bhp as is the old SEAT Leon. The standard Mk4 Golf GTI on which these two are based has only 150bhp.

The Mk2 Octavia vRS is based on the Mk5 Golf GTI, Audi A3 and the SEAT Leon. The vRS can either have the 2.0T 200bhp from the Golf GTI or a 2.0 TDI 170bhp which is used in the Golf GT TDI and the Leon FR. The Leon Cupra has a 2.0T but has 240bhp

Hope this helps

sure mate. thanks. this was what i was trying to say.

Depending on the budget, could go all out and get a coilover kit, such as GAZ or LEDA, that would sort the handling out.

Nothing is fair in the game of tuning, you want to get the best out of the car for the budget.

Cheers
Dave

Too true. It's all about the budget. I know of Fabia's which have been tuned to 240bhp+ but that included bigger turbo's, LSD's, methanol injection plus loads of other stuff.

the old one was 180 from a 1.8 ( exact same car as mine but octavia had a 5 speed box rather than a 6 speed and a different front end) the fabia was also used the same chasis as the golf

Yeah my dad has an Octavia and you can line it up to a Bora and the middle bit is identical. Only differences are like you say is the front end and the Octy is a hatchback.