My Dilemmar

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
My car has a number of scrapes and dings which will require a trip to the body shop. I'm not a big fan of bodykits but it seems as good a time as any to think about getting one since I'm going to be paying for the respray anyway.

The question is should I go with a subtle kit on my A3 or just stick with OEM! Can I still have a sleeper with a bodykit?

You could get some subtle splitters for the bottoms of your bumper. Having think colour coded is another option. It's your personal choice Waynne. Have you seen anything you like yet?

DO IT!

50516805.jpg

Less the shopping list down the side! :bigsmile:

...& no you can't have a sleeper with a body kit, it's got took totally standard. In my humble onion. ;) :bigsmile:

My car has a number of scrapes and dings which will require a trip to the body shop. I'm not a big fan of bodykits but it seems as good a time as any to think about getting one since I'm going to be paying for the respray anyway.

The question is should I go with a subtle kit on my A3 or just stick with OEM! Can I still have a sleeper with a bodykit?

If you are not a big fan, then DON'T DO IT!

I'm not a fan to be honest. Modern cars are generally quite well appointed visually. With, of course, some glaring exceptions and no body kit is gonna fix that.

Classic machinery is a different matter. A Sierra Sapphire can be enhanced enormously with a body kit. It can, also be massively enhanced with a rework of the engine. RWD drivetrain and independent suspension all round means that a Sierra, even in basic models can handle very nicely indeed with little more than some stiffer dampers and bigger rims and tyres.

They're an olde worlde (ish) favourite if mine. No old enough to be truly classic but I'd take one over a 1989 Cavalier quite happily.

Agree with Prince. OEM ftw. Whether that be standard or s-line/S3 bumpers, wing mirrors etc. I'm not a fan of out-and-out replicas either though.

The point is that it's imitation and that's not a good thing imo. It's like you putting ST badges all over your Focus despite the fact it's not. In a way, it's the opposite of being a sleeper.

Not really though cause the S3 is subtle. Thats all it will do is give his car a clean subtle but modded look.

to be honest prince i doubt most people would notice the difference ( as said in the other thread) its no different than fitting a big huge bumper.
also if you read waynnes profile you will see that he is looking for around 300bhp. this is going to require the turbo from the s3 or similar big one so he would have the performance to match.

The S3 only came in a 3 door so if you have the 5 door then the only way you'll get the look of the S3 is to fake it. If it were me I'd get the flared front arches but not the badges,grill, bumpers and alloys from the s3 plus the smoothed look would work well on it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back