My current ride

So here are some pic's I took when I went out for a drive earlier this evenig. This isn't my car so I won't be doing any work on it allthough I would like to. This isn't the greatest car for tuning but it's reliable and gets me from A to B so it will do untill I can afford something more fun and better for tuning.

not too shabby looks good nice and fairly modern.

is it a hyundai?

and howcome it isnt yours?

PS. get a tank like a jack up Hilux on 42's :p

it's a good looking car and has lots of potential for a body tune...
by just looking at the picts i get lots of ideas running through my head.
shame it ain't urz...

though u don't get that much power uv got loads of fuel economy..

Yes it is a hyundai getz 1600. It is my grandmothers but since se can't drive anymore she lets me use this car. It isn't too bad, it's a 2001 model which has been driven just over 25.000 km (15500 miles) and the bodywork is in nice shape allthough I have found quite a few stone chips and 2 scratches. There is a lot you could do with the car but I doubt my grandmother would be too happy if I was to mod it all up. I may buy it from her and maby then do a little work on it but not too extensive so my insurance won't fly through the roof. The biggest flaud I see about the car is that it's automatic but I should be able to survive with an automatic for 2 or 3 years

Alloys, a mesh in the front, broader tyres is all that you need to enhance the looks.

And if you want some performance mode, think about going for an intake, and an FFE..you just need these...or just avoid the performance mods if you need just looks.

If I buy the car I'll probably begin with a new sound system and then maby do something for looks. If I do have some performance mods that will be the last thing I do as I plan to get another car when I get the money to do some more work to

nice ride, it's good for every day use, they use them as taxi cars here, but some taxi drivers that i spoke to, they don't have good words for them, hard to keep them.
3 cylinders inline, less then 1000cc.... dunno what to say.

oh, yea, sorry. didn't saw that u said it was 1600cc. that's quiet enough for a car like that, is there anything special u've done? 1600 sounds good to me for a car like that, that means good acceleration, let me guess, under 9 seconds up to 100km/h?

Hansi..its a very nice car to use....but do all the required routine maintainance checkups...dont wait for something to happen...my frind just waited and waited and had to spend a lot on maintainance....

Well, I haven't cheked the 0-100km/h (60 mph) time but since it's an automatic I'm not expecting to much as it looses a lot of it's power and acceleration through the transmission

In the snow picture I would have gone further and taken more pic's but I decided not to since the snow was so deep in front of me I would have sunk and been stuck there for quite a while since I didn't know anyone in that area with a nice jeep and it would have taken around half an hour to get my mates from the SAR at home to get there and pull me out on that Land Rover in the back on the other pic. I might go and take a few more pic's in the next days, It's snowing again so it should be getting fun again soon

The ice won't hurt the car unless it's completely frosen and you hit down and rip the exhaust away:toung:

I drive in the snow allmost every day. There is snow everywhere where I live and haven't had any problems. It's really nice for a little Ice drifting right now and that is pretty much the most fun you can have in that car over the winter.

I can't drive the Jeep in that pic because it's a rescue car and is owned by the SAR. To drive it you have to be 18 years old and take a special course in driving these cars and then get a permission from the car manager.

The snow can get up to 50-60 cm depth on the roads and even deeper if you go and do a little off roading or go to the highlands but to do that you really have to have a well modified jeep

The ice won't hurt the car unless it's completely frosen and you hit down and rip the exhaust away:toung:

I drive in the snow allmost every day. There is snow everywhere where I live and haven't had any problems. It's really nice for a little Ice drifting right now and that is pretty much the most fun you can have in that car over the winter.

I can't drive the Jeep in that pic because it's a rescue car and is owned by the SAR. To drive it you have to be 18 years old and take a special course in driving these cars and then get a permission from the car manager.

The snow can get up to 50-60 cm depth on the roads and even deeper if you go and do a little off roading or go to the highlands but to do that you really have to have a well modified jeep

Your greedy with that snow...:D Can't you send some our way so we can have some fun in the snow...lol :lol::D:lol:

Funny isn't we get an inch of snow in the UK & the whole country grinds to a halt! Very Nice pics Hansi :D but I feel I must protest at calling the Landi a Jeep, It's just not cricket you know PIP! PIP! :bigsmile::amuse::lol:

Funny isn't we get an inch of snow in the UK & the whole country grinds to a halt! Very Nice pics Hansi :D but I feel I must protest at calling the Landi a Jeep, It's just not cricket you know PIP! PIP! :bigsmile::amuse::lol:

What? you have a problem with the Rover? I'm telling you these cars go anywhere whith the right mods

No, no, no! You've got me wrong! It's a Landrover in the picture, you referred to it as a Jeep, I was taking the micky :lol:
I love landrovers I like the Icelandic ones especially because you run those huge low pressure balloon tyres & hilift suspension. I remember watching an episode of topgear when a guy had a tyre come off & they got it back on the rim with a can of butane... very cool! :bigsmile:
I've always wanted a 6x6 Hilift 130 but parking would be an issue. :amuse:

Sorry for the confusion Hansi ;)

Being technically correct a JEEP can only be made by Jeep. A lot of people use Jeep to refer to off road cars but most JEEP owners will take exception to this misuse of their brand name.

Well i was thinking about what Loz said about you getting an inch of snow and everything stoppes. Here in Iceland if we get three meters of snow, most people will just dig theyr way out of theyr house and go on to work or school or whatever they might need to do. I would probably dig myself out, go to the SAR house and start playing on a snowmobile, a Rover or a snowcrawler and digging other people out. We haven't really had that kind of snow for over 10 years now:sad2: We sometimes get an awerage of 1 meter which is nice but the more snow you get the more fun you can have

Well i was thinking about what Loz said about you getting an inch of snow and everything stoppes. Here in Iceland if we get three meters of snow, most people will just dig theyr way out of theyr house and go on to work or school or whatever they might need to do. I would probably dig myself out, go to the SAR house and start playing on a snowmobile, a Rover or a snowcrawler and digging other people out. We haven't really had that kind of snow for over 10 years now:sad2: We sometimes get an awerage of 1 meter which is nice but the more snow you get the more fun you can have

Is'nt it good to have 3 mtrs of ice...???