My Coupe Turbo

really wish i got some sleep every so often, i first thought how come he doesnt have any liscence plates :(.

what year is it the paintwork looks mint condition?

any mods planned?

Very nice - reminds me of the 220GTi I owned.

The Coupes are nice cars and great fun to drive - for the year there was not a lot that could touch it performance wise.

I like the interior - very plush full leather.

is it a gsi turnbo? bet they still fast now, esp when alot of newer car being slower and heavier, unless you get the sporty version like st and vxr, but bet you could still give even those a run for their money

what year is it
Its a 94, the paintwork is very good for its age. Its does have a few small marks but nothing major,
is it a gsi turnbo? bet they still fast now, esp when alot of newer car being slower and heavier, unless you get the sporty version like st and vxr, but bet you could still give even those a run for their money
Its quicker than my friends clio 172, it's certainly no slouch.
As for mods
Full Stainless Exhaust
K&N
De-cat
Boost @ 12psi
40mm lower
and bigger brakes.
I'm open to suggestions for future mods. (thank you to the guys who gave suggestions in the Hi thread).

Thats unusual! There was a set of steel gaskets around for the 220 not sure if this included the exhaust though. I polished the inside of my exhaust manifold and it did make a difference so next time you have it off the car get out the dremel and smooth away!

Thats a sweet motor you got there mate. I like the yellow calipers thats a trick touch. I'm gonna do mine red. If I was you i'd put some performance ht leads and plugs on it for a start, Then I'd get a dump valve fitted an i'd definitely upgrade the head gasket. An ecu or a remap is a good option too. You could also put an install in there to and get the bass pumping...:D:D:D:D

Its got a forge dump valve(sounds sweet), and a 4 layer head gasket. I plan to leads and plugs sorted at its next service.
As for ice i'm going to look at it next year, any tips would be appreciated.

I'd recomend a decent head unit. A Good set of components speakers up front connected to the head unit. A good set of rear components again hooked up to the head unit. And to finish off two decent 12inch subs with an amp in the boot for that all important thump thump thump.:D:D:D

Yeah, defo a tidy looking motor, i have always been fond of the older rovers though, owned many in my past, but unfortunately never a coupe! My current car is an 820i and its a real dream, drives like the day it was built- nearly 16 years ago! If you look after the old rovers they will look after you. Keep us posted of any mods you make, but do take it too OTT, you will ruin its good looks!

JamieE

Yeah, defo a tidy looking motor, i have always been fond of the older rovers though, owned many in my past, but unfortunately never a coupe! My current car is an 820i and its a real dream, drives like the day it was built- nearly 16 years ago! If you look after the old rovers they will look after you. Keep us posted of any mods you make, but do take it too OTT, you will ruin its good looks!

JamieE

Thanks Jamie.
The next mod i plan is to swap the dash for a mk3 200 or a ZRs. But that'll be after xmas now.

out of interest, why performance plugs and HT's ?? dont believe the hype mate, they do absolutely NOTHING ! ht leads make no difference whatsoever unless the coil/dizzy, alternator, battery and all wiring has been upgraded. the lead can only deliver the power that is fed through it!
and performance plugs dont give any kind of real difference unless your running stupid power and everything else has been modified. yes some pluga are slightly better than the OE spec ones, but NGK iridiums are about as good as it gets.anything else is simply a waste of money! i had Nology silvers when they were £15 per plug, and they made ZERO difference!

as for the Tomcat, id say a recirculating dump valve, bigger injectors, then the remap!

EDIT: sorry i missed the second page\! lol

Last edited:
one other thing, if your going to sort the ice out, forget rear speakers. two reasons, one, they muddy the sound stage and if your building a real quality system it will sound pants (best set up is highs/mids from front and bass from rear.
and the other reason, its a coupe, you dont need rear speakers as the fronts will more than fill the cabin.
my personal recommendations would be a Clarion head unit, amped Focal components in fronts, and a decent sub an amp combo in boot. something along lines of a 12" DB Audio T Rex sub and an Alpine PDX-1.600 mono amp.