My Cosworth is nearing completion

After a very long period of development my Sierra RS Cosworth is almost ready to rumble.

The engine was completed in 2008 & its taken some time to develop the rest of the car. I will trundle it around for 6months or so to sort out any bugs before my next & final Topspeed run towards the end of 2010.
215mph in 1.5miles is the Target & we have about 1000bhp to achieve it.
Only 2 road cars have ever cracked 215 in that distance in the UK so its a big ask, so wish me luck. Theres a vid below showing a test run at 900bhp & 187mph in just over 1/2 mile its scary. (Turn the volume up its a must)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hXNzf2kjqc

COSSIE1B.jpg

cossie3.jpg

bay5.jpg

bay1.jpg

cossie5.jpg

looking good mate

PM by old git, im getting worried the Elans going to have that turbo shortly ;)

Don't think so :) I will have enough trouble hooking up 520bhp as it is, so nearly double that would be pointless. I will leave that particular problem to Rod.

Fantastic work Rod, I'm really interested in this awesome piece of engineering.:D Thanks for the updates.

I bet it feels good to be back on the road;)

love the vid just showed my old man he a fellow cossie lover!! this is immense..

What is the next step

Now we're talking cossie power looks and sound's awesome mate good luck with the run you should trounce past that figure

I couldn't stop laughing when i saw that iron lung sitting there.
Hope you hit that target though fella

Last edited by a moderator:
I know i'm dragging back an old thread but i have only just come across it and i am stunned by the work that has gone into this beast of a machine, i have seen the car in many magazines in the past but never seen another one running over 900bhp it's incredible, i didn't think that figure was even possible from a YB, i knew they were strong and capable engines but never that strong!! my only question is, is it a reliable 1000bhp or does it need a strip down and rebuild every hundred miles or so?

Maybe an update is due :lol::lol:.

Well the 838bhp engine has received a new Turbo we have no Dyno graph but another 30bhp would be a minimum increase. This will be used to set an off Nitrous Cosworth Topspeed record that currently stands at 200.2mph the car should be capable of 208/209 with the current Power.
However the Power will be decreased before attempting a run with Nitrous as 900/920 is as much as head/block integrity will allowus to run. That should see around 211/212 if all goes well.
The car is actually ready for a Topspeed attempt but the weather aint :(.

ps. Im using the car as much as i can, have done a few shows & even use it for a trips to the chippie. Will be at Autosport in January billed as one of the UK's Top modded cars, makes all the hard work worth while.
Im the short arsed old geezer so come & have a chat.

frontcover-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sick as fooooook. You've got a mention in this months 300th Fast Ford mate.

It lists Mark as one of Fast Fords legends, and states:

"The MAD stable includes such awesome cars as Rod Tarry's 200+mph Saph..."

Sick as fooooook. You've got a mention in this months 300th Fast Ford mate.

It lists Mark as one of Fast Fords legends, and states:

"The MAD stable includes such awesome cars as Rod Tarry's 200+mph Saph..."

Im very proud that people are interested, being around you youngsters keeps me young :bigsmile:.

I'm new to the RS family with a more new age RS, but loving it all the same. This is simply a masterpiece. Hope to see it at some of the Ford shows next year :D

Hi Rod.

Will you be at the show on the Friday? We have blagged some tickets for the trade day rather than having to rough it with the tyre kickers at the weekend :)

Thanks for the Update rod, impressive stuff as always. Life's never dull with mad modders like you around. :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back