my celica i swapped for my pug d turbo

bayley

Tuner
Car
306 d turbo
i wish they made these celica's with the d turbo engine,then i could keep the same looks with a deacent amount of power,torque and great mpg.

Attachments

• 101_0046.jpg
    101_0046.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 4
yeh why should'nt sports cars have diesel engines ? the old bmw 330d m sport engine is 204bhp standard and these 306 d turbo's can produce up to and over 213bhp as i have seen on you tube.
the engine in my celica was the 2.0 jdm superstrut st202 they are 182bhp standard.

i should of been more specific old jap cars shouldnt have diesel engines its what made them good as i no that most newer diesels are getting just as much power and more torque but ive only owned 2 diesels but im not a fan would rather stick with petrol

i can see were you are coming from andy...would'nt it be nice to have a choice of petrol or diesel engines and still be able to own an afford to do 250 mile a week without spending 25% of a weekly wage on fuel wich is what i was doing with the celica and now i am doing the same miles for £35 a week rather than £70 a week.

well if we didnt get ripped off at the pump people could afford to run faster cars i would love to do 0-62 in under 7 seconds and still get over 50 mpg

totally agree with you...when i moved to cornwall over four years ago i was paying 85p per liter on petrol and now its gone up to £1.40,if it was 85p a liter now i would own a beast of a car,maybe have one for me and one for the missus.

nice celica!! i came very close to owning a gt4 sadly the day came where the wife said she was pregnant so i had to buy something more practical:sad2:
(all good now a kid is much better than a car!!)

just curious your prevous location was willenhall is that the willenhall in coventry or the 1 near bently??

IMHO, the only reason to have a diesel is to save money. Therefor if you have a diesel engine in anything other than a landrover or a van you should have your driving licence taken away.

I am going to get all sorts of abuse & probably be banned from torquecars again, but there it is. Just my opinion...well not Just mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU4f_NwAfUs

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO, the only reason to have a diesel is to save money. Therefor if you have a diesel engine in anything other than a landrover or a van you should have your driving licence taken away.

I am going to get all sorts of abuse & probably be banned from torquecars again, but there it is. Just my opinion...well not Just mine...

that video proves nothing clarkson is a numpty and cant drive well!!! if the stig had been in the diesel it woulkd have won!!!!!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i should of been more specific old jap cars shouldnt have diesel engines its what made them good as i no that most newer diesels are getting just as much power and more torque but ive only owned 2 diesels but im not a fan would rather stick with petrol

Thats a fair comment....ill agree with you there....
And diesels arent for every one admittedly.... but hey ho...

that video proves nothing clarkson is a numpty and cant drive well!!! if the stig had been in the diesel it woulkd have won!!!!!!;)
Maybe...but we'll never know...have you guys seen the new M550d F10? now thats a diesel that everyone would want....

at JCdenton..... theres some finnish guys that would like to talk to you.....
how many straight 6 petrol engines do you know of that can safely run over 3x its original power?..... Merc diesel OM606 engines can run 600bhp on a completely stock block and head before they need work.... not even a decompression plate........

Last edited:
to say you can get whatever out of a newish bmw bmw engine or an msd 500 f10 is completely irrellevant

like you are going to put one of those in a celica.

The deisel car that won le mans is also so far away from reality for everyone on here that it is also irrellevant to this discussion.

The reasons that sports cars dont have deisel engines isnt because we wont buy them its because because the manufacturers cant make them drive like a sports car should .................................yet

fair point well made, its down to componants its hard to make a piston light enough to give good engine responce and still be able to withstand the enormas cylinder pressures...

also the leman v12 is actually used in the audi q7 not a sports car....but still road going..

nice celica!! i came very close to owning a gt4 sadly the day came where the wife said she was pregnant so i had to buy something more practical:sad2:
(all good now a kid is much better than a car!!)

just curious your prevous location was willenhall is that the willenhall in coventry or the 1 near bently??
the gt4 are under estimated.glad you got your priorities right,lol.
its willenhall by bentley mate.

lol lol all that money wasted on a petrol just to get a few meters in front.

what rev is your mr2 jc d,rear wheel drive too something the celica did not have apart from the old celica supra...looks like a muscle car.
o and it takes alot of abuse to wind me up,lol.

Its a mark 2 JDM. Think its rev 3 (after the suspension was changed at the rear).
jc-denton-albums-galant-picture4384-20120610-011.jpg

Yeah they have something called T-VIS, variable induction system or something like that. Your Celica has the same thing surely?? isn't it a 3SGE engine?

aint got a clue mate.yeh it is the 3sge engine mate.i had a powerflow cat to back,remapped,57i k&n induction kit and irodium plugs that cost me £50.they shift for 2.0 lumps.

lmao,never thought of that mod!
not sure of the company,it was done by the previous owner...it made a massive differance cus it was faster than my other two celicas i had, a lot faster.

The guy I bought my MR2 from said it had been remapped, but it doesn't feel any quicker than the 2 Celica's I've had with the same engine...Think he may have been fibbing.

it should be quicker than the celica anyway its lighter,get it remapped for around £250.
the company that had done mine by the previous owner with a print was allen jeffrey or summet like that.
i sat next a scooby awd turbo old shape doing 60 on the a38 in cornwall and we both put our foot down and we was neck and neck up to 100.... i reached 110 in 3rd as soon as i hit 115 i started creaping away and at 135 i was 2 car spaces infront....put a massive smile on my cherry chase.well worth getting it done