My car & LPG

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
I'll be honest, I thought LPG was just for Taxi's & 4X4's :amuse:, but I've been offered an LPG system for my car & I have to admit, I'm tempted. What considerations should I be aware of with regards to running the car daily, performance, MOT's, insurance etc?

Cheers all,

Loz

Last edited:
LPG is without doubt a lot cheaper to buy than petrol. Unless you do lots of miles and keep your cars a long time you're unlikely to see any saving at all.

Insurers should accomodate a certified LPG conversion (usually it's a dual fuel conversion) without question.

The favourite candidates for conversion are large engined petrol cars (4 litres and above) to see the quickest return on investment.

needs to be installed and certified as HDi says

as your cars older then inform the DVLA about it and you will get 0 discounts - if you were post 2001 ie new tax banding then you save something stupid like a £5 a year

insurance will probably go up slightly as i believe most still see the explosive risk.

depending on where its done you need to do around 25k miles to recoup the cost

Performance is from what I understand about the same or a little less than petrol. MPG is also slightly worse with LPG.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back