My Best Choice of Car Yet??

Well i just (well mum did :D) put a deposit down on this

Renault Clio 172 Cup
carfronty.jpg

carrearc.jpg

carside.jpg

only 3k :eek:

get to pick it up in 2-3weeks, just waitin for my contract from work to say they taking me on for good

took it out for a test drive and my god its quick

not my normal choice for a car as i tend to like longer cars like big hatches saloons or coupes, but i decided to go for something a bit cheaper, and cheaper on insurance, and well more sensible (just for a few years :twisted:)

well what you think?

gonna mainly concentrate on slight astetic changes, a new induction kit as the one on the car just looks like a cheap ebay buy, and cat back, and at a push a remap, nothing drastic as im planning on buying the house im in in june so need to keep this a cheap project

will post up some more pics when i get it home :D:D cant wait

Last edited:
I remember some of your old plans for it! I even dug out the old gallery thread: http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f47/my-whip-2034/. Get ready to feel nostalgic!

rofl at lights, what was i thinking hahaha i was young and watched F+F too much, learnt my lesson just a few carbon mods to the exterior ;)

well i pick up the car next thursday (hopefully :D) already got my first mod ready to buy http://www.visual-performance.co.uk/#/clio-mk3/4534291910 always wanted some of these :D

Last edited:
rofl at lights, what was i thinking hahaha i was young and watched F+F too much, learnt my lesson just a few carbon mods to the exterior ;)

well i pick up the car next thursday (hopefully :D) already got my first mod ready to buy http://www.visual-performance.co.uk/#/clio-mk3/4534291910 always wanted some of these :D

We were all young once! Nice to hear this one will be done with a more subtle touch!

I like the look of that. Make sure you take some pictures when you fit it.

well the time have changed plus i really dont think small hatches ever look good with a bodykit, EVER >.< makes them look too chunky

Yeah, dont put a crappy bodykit on, the clio is a neat, stylish design that doesnt need messing about with.

I had an enclosed BMC CDA kit in mine, a tight fit but doable, it made an already free revving engine even more free.

My mate has them on his gsi and they look good! But he went all out and changed all his dash lights to blue led's

i was thinking of just getting lockwood and changing the leds, but after looking at tuts you need soldering knowlege, and well i have zero :lol:

so these dials are a good alternative, look easy to fit, no need to remove needles

ordering dials on thrusday, and hopefully getting the car tuesday! just waiting for my review at work to say if they deffinatley taking me on :D

just found this webby

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt20/escotty90/SANY0181_2.jpg

they prices are ridiculous! 189 for some carbon sport badges WTH!

this is the look im after with bit of orange hoses (i think)
SANY0181_2.jpg

Last edited:
Made an enquiry yesterday to Visual Performance about the dials on my car, as of yet no reply from them! :sad2:

Hmm, if anything I would buy either but smooth into the car and repaint to create a bodykit completely bespoke to you.

I like to modify before I install

I will slap you then. Spend your money elsewhere. My mate had a standard one highl modded, throttle bodies, stripped out the lot. He's bought an EP3 now and this was his recent advice to a member of another forum:

"Dont waste money on it, especially engine mods, as its probably running 160bhp at best, and itll costs ££'s to get it even to its standard 169bhp (They respond *#*#*#*# to mods unless spending big money)

Best thing you can do is -

Sort the suspension
Standard top mounts are awesome, cup racers still use them
New front discs, pads and lines with fluid
PH1 airbox
Decent tyres

Then drive it

its what i would do if i got another one"

His engine (204bhp):

IMG_0221.jpg

Last edited:
well i was thinking of supercharging it at some point, so basically save up for supercharger :lol:

i think ill go for the carbon lip, take it to body shop and get the front diamond cut out to give it a wide grill, rear diffuser of some sort preferably carbon :D morettes (when i can afford them) wrapped in carbon, and carbon bonnet, then leave the exterior, wont be stripping it as i want it to reamain user friendly, bucket seats, and various flocking, but this will be over a lLOOOOONG period of time, hmmm maybe super 1st lol