My 1st track day in 2020

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Well it's a Time Attack event at my local track app 45 minutes away and have fitted the track wheels with the AR1 semi slicks with pressures checked and adjusted with the rears even lower than last time to find out if that will help the Track Mouse Type R rotate better with less front end push as am still on a learning curve after changing to a FWD / WWD car.

All fluids and pad thickness checked as well and will drive there and back as I only trailer it to 2 day events that are much further away.

Have set the rear tyres at a lower pressure than the last time to see if that helps lessen front end push or helps turn in with some sudden lift off if there is too much push.

I have Named my FN2 the "Track Mouse" as it is the same shape as a computer mouse :D

Will be a cold day and my previous turbo car would have loved that.

Well after so long away from the track it was great to get there again after our safety breifing outside the pit bays with us all keeping well apart .
There was a mixed group of cars with a vast speed differential and was passed on the straight by a full on Mustang race car with all the aero and diffusers like I was standing still.

Was a bit put off by the faded pit exit line marking that I used previously for my braking marker for turn 1 as that had me braking a little earlier than previously, I mentioned that to one of the staff and they assured me that all the line marking was going to be redone very soon.

Was running 34/25 tyre pressures to see if that would help the car rorate better and did a little grass cutting exiting the left hander in the middle of the track under full power so added a bit of sudden off and back on the power that helped the turn in.

Left home with the tank a smidgen under full and driving away after it finished a couple of hundred meters down the road on the low fuel light came on so it loves a good drink of 98 when it spends quite some time @ WOT

Was pleased to end up the fastest in my class of 8 drivers ahead of 2 Toybaru drivers

Last edited: