my 1991 Renault 5 GT Turbo

hi people thought id post a few pics of my r5 gt turbo i bought this car for 1k and what a bargain it is :D

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00006-1.jpg

Image0155.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Image0156.jpg

got an update for you all iv just invested in mappable ignition (megajolt) got all i require for £261 this is being fitted and mapped by chris (scoff) over winter and will finally get rid of the bloody pants aei unit that is only good on a t2 up to 12psi. boost will be set at 25-26psi, spoke to a guy who has converted his c1j to megajolt and he seen gains of 30bhp and 25lb/ft inbetween 2-3k and gains all throughout the revs

received my new 100 1st stage and 0.9 air corrector jets so we can fettle with the fuelling to get it around 11.5-12.0 afr on full boost currently its mega rich at 10.7-10.8afr

also got a full poybush set on its way to me so this will be fitted over winter i cant stress how much a polybush set improves a car especially one thats 20 years old lol, im looking into upgrading the rear shocks as well as mine are the standard ones

little bit of an update, going get out and fit the bjr downpipe/elbow on weds and also get the 1st stage put back to standard on my carb wont be driving the car after to test it though its its parked away for winter.
Been speaking to scoff and were looking at late march to get my megajolt fitted and mapped ill also have my new exhaust system made and fitted before this time

fitted the bjr downpipe and put the 1st stage back to standard on the carb yesterday, first job once i take my car out is to get the new 2.5" system made to fit the downpipe, then will re set fuelling etc.

been in contact with a couple of bodyshops regarding sorting out the bodywork and im going pay them a visit in the new year to get a rough quote off them

booked car in with longlife stockport to get the full 2.5" system fitted on 21st jan, will be a nice chance to give the car a bit of a drive as its not moved since mid december and ideal to check the fuelling since changing 1st stage back to standard on carb.

Not many of these around nowadays, especially in such nice condition! When I passed my driving test this was the car I wanted! Its a classic!

Not many of these around nowadays, especially in such nice condition! When I passed my driving test this was the car I wanted! Its a classic!

yes they are a bit rare now and thankfully that bloody chavvy ali g image has gone from them, i hate silly bodykits lol. thanks for the kind comments its not in bad nick for a 20 year old car.

This is a classic car - good luck

cheers fella :) id defo agree they are such a classic and have so much character iv also seen this months top gear mag where richard hammond is driving a fellow rtoc members r5gtt raider and he loves it. christ he would love mine then with over double the power

off to longlife this saturday to get the new 2.5" system made and fitted, should be interesting to see the difference with the bjr dp/elbow and new system. Also will give me chance see how its fuelling since putting the 1st stage back to standard

went to longlife on saturday couldnt take any pics unfortunately as you aint allowed in the work area. Fount out my scorpion system was only 2" bore.
Had a nice drive back to stoke system sounds gorgeous would be even better if had standard exhaust manifold on. I had a vid but the quality is terrible. Fuelling is defo sorted now around 11.4-11.5 wot. One thing for sure is i cant get grip in any gear once boost comes in whilst its wet even in 5th gear

Went out for a drive to Cheadle on sunday 22 mile round trip, mostly national speed limit roads as well , all i can say is since sorting the fuelling plus the dp/elbow and new system its a whole diff car even the mrs says it feels quicker defo gained some torque thats for sure.

also received these today cant wait to try them out heard such good things about the blacklight. will be the cars first clean since early december 2011

2012-01-23153156.jpg

its a polish/sealant hybrid thingy, and can be used as an all in one, i still prefer to put a good wax on though.
its meant be better than most the stuff out there eg auto glym or poorboys etc

Heard alot of good things about the blacklight.

the butter wet wax is supposed to give a really good shine but has no durability at all, couple of washes and its gone

i dont mind too much about the durability as its ifs easy on/off product waxing it once a month is not a problem :), think the most durable wax iv used is the ag hd wax.

cant speak highly enough of them fella, the quality of the steel, the welds etc etc id have to slap someone if they chose powerflow over these guys ;)

thanks fella and certainly will although its a swine in the wet and probably best left at home haha

Never had a Longlife exhaust before.
Had Magnex, supersprint, piper and a couple of others but all was bolt on and not custom.
If I went for a custom exhaust i'd prob end up going to Scorpion as they are just down the road from me.

If I went for custom I would go where T9 went! I was going to but I got a Milltek for the time being and now I like the sound too much to change it and it's not restrictive.

let me think what exhausts iv had down the years right here goes

sportex,piper,powerflow,piper,janspeed,bluefame,scorpion,mongoose and now longlife and out of all of them id say the blueflame and longlife are the best followed by the janspeed.

Hi I've not long bought a Renault 5 gt turbo and it needs setting up and im in need of some help on doin this, I've been directed to you by another member, soo I'm hoping you could help me thanks

not much to report over the last week or so, car is back down my drive for a few weeks so i thought id get a quick couple of pics yesterday mainly so i could show people the new exhaust well what you can see of it.

2012-02-01145229.jpg

2012-02-01145254.jpg

megajolt to come in march :)