my 1991 Renault 5 GT Turbo

hi people thought id post a few pics of my r5 gt turbo i bought this car for 1k and what a bargain it is :D

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00006-1.jpg

Image0155.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Image0156.jpg

update

iv recently purchased 2 t25 turbos one off a 200sx and one off a rover tomcat i also have a t2 .63 housing here which might be fitted to the 200sx t25 to help with lag.

also got a new open mouth front grille to help a bit with gettin cool air into the engine, also santa is bringing me a fmic so that should help with temps etc and also let me re route the air filter to behind the headlights :)

BIG UPDATE

the yesmobile is back on the roads, passed its mot last friday, i had the new rear disks and pads fitted along with adjusting the handbrake, only thing it needed was a tiny tiny bit of welding on the front o/s, it flew through the mot so am well chuffed

so onto my other news

am now the owner of a cat cams 285 cam won it for £77 only 2 months old i also won a set of high lift springs for £39 all i need now is the vernier, iv given in to the power bug yet again lol now ill have the best cam in there to make the power i desire id imagine this coupled with the t25/t2 .63 am going for and 20psi will make 185-190bhp

iv also got plasma gauges sitting here and have sent my t25/t2 off to be rebuilt with 360 bearing and t28 pulsar wheel and cosworth housing.

pic of car after first wash of 2011

2011-01-09133531.jpg

anyway little update regarding the yesmobile

january jobs are as follows

fit fmic, fit plasma gauuges, fit aem wideband kit, fit sfs rad hoses and samco heater matrix hoses also send turbo off to wilky to get the work done i want then that will be fitted in feb along with the 285 cam kit and then 20psi boost

Last edited:
new turbo fully rebuilt/balanced, bead blasted, shaft re grind, 360 deg bearing, cosworth comp housing, pulsar t28 wheel, .63 t2 rear

hybrid1.jpg

hybrid2.jpg

hybrid3.jpg

oh i also bought a carb al;ready set up and tested at 20psi so i decided treat it from this

2011-01-20114704.jpg

to this

2011-01-20142959.jpg

Last edited:
cheers fella thats good of you to say :)

i see you have what im hoping to get next (alongside the gtt) mk1 focus rs, absolutely love them the last proper rs none of this volvo stuff lol. have you got much done to it been out in a few that run 260-280 and they fly

Nice work. I bet you can't wait till it's all done and tearing up the tarmac!

(On a nice safe track somewhere of course ;))

i see you have what im hoping to get next (alongside the gtt) mk1 focus rs, absolutely love them the last proper rs none of this volvo stuff lol. have you got much done to it been out in a few that run 260-280 and they fly

No mate boggo standard so far. Won't stay like that for long though :lol: Just waiting for my decat to come back from Zircotec, get that on along with a remap and K&N Gen2 and should see around 250+. Not going to go too mad this year because if I can save up a good enough house deposit I won't have to sell it when the time comes!

Just pulled 223bhp and 255ftlbs standard with 38k on the clock.

plans sound great mate, are you sure thats standard with them figures ? they seem really high. what make rollers was it on? maybe its had a basic remap as iirc thats the sort of power they make off one.

not disputing the figures at all mate and if thats what they are then its a great platform to start from :)

No mate if you do some reading up about these cars you will find they usually make above Fords claimed figures (as these are a minimum), some have rolling roaded at over 230bhp standard. Although all dynos claim to be the most accurate you'll never really know the true figure. I only had it done for comparison purposes. On a Dyno Dynamics 450 btw with a good operator who has nothing to gain or lose by fudging the figures. He hasn't seen a standard one in good nick for ages and was as keen as I was to find out what it was pushing out.

They make a fair bit more power and torque than that with just a generic remap. Might be a good idea to do some research on RSOC and the like if you are thinking of buying one. Great place, very helpful and friendly.

you used the best rolling road anyway ;)

i will admit i aint exactly blessed with knowledge on the real focus rs , know more about the rs turbos,cosworths etc. i do know these are very tunable and respond really well to basic breathing mods i once went in one with a gt28rs on there and it flew lol
i did a rr day last year and they varied from 227-285bhp i remember now that the 227 one was virtually standard just think it had panel filter.

im a member on rsoc and also passionford

Ah good stuff, yeah mine even has the standard Ford paper filter, but I serviced it fully before it went on the RR so all the service items are brand new. I'm waiting for Superchips to send me the latest map for the bluefin and then I can crack on :D

thanks guys well all the new bits are on and just about made the dyno day after having to bodge a carb together due to been sold one that was meant be modded for 20psi and turned out be standard was working on it until 1am on the sat morning

anyway was rather impressed with how it did 178bhp and 177lb/ft at 5.6k but by 5.4k it was leaning out really bad this due to the carb being almost standard but will be sorted very soon.

couple of pics

2011-03-20115712.jpg

2011-03-20115625.jpg

2011-03-20115612.jpg

dynoprint1.jpg

Is that a Civic Jordan? Don't see many of them about any more if it is!

Thing is bear in mind Dynapacks do over-read at the wheels (well, hubs :)) as they don't take into account losses from the tyres, which is quite a loss. In reality they read somewhere in between engine dyno figures and rolling road figures.

Last edited:
yes thats a friends civic jordan think it pulled 168bhp its a nice un fully stripped out etc, engine is coming out soon and a proposed 220bhp 1.8 vtec engine going in

well guys my gearbox finally decided to pack in last sunday but never fear iv bought a replacement from a fellow member of the rtoc for £50 :)

iv also bought a brand new nylon clutch pivot bush as that has seen better days, now its just a matter of getting them fitted along with the plasma gauges and more importantly the aem wideband kit so we can get this carb set up bang on (i might even up boost to 22psi)

well guys my gearbox finally decided to pack in last sunday but never fear iv bought a replacement from a fellow member of the rtoc for £50 :)

iv also bought a brand new nylon clutch pivot bush as that has seen better days, now its just a matter of getting them fitted along with the plasma gauges and more importantly the aem wideband kit so we can get this carb set up bang on (i might even up boost to 22psi)

:lol: £50 for another gearbox :amazed: it costs me double that just to have the fluid changed on mine! you are so lucky :) I hope the gearbox swop goes well for you :)

You ought to get yourself a spanner T9 :D

Great these old little hatches are. Funnily enough I've just had a Forge adjustable actuator come so 22psi running direct is what I'll also be running soon!

£50 for another gearbox it costs me double that just to have the fluid changed on mine! you are so lucky I hope the gearbox swop goes well for you

hehe i know mate its the advantages of being in a good owners club i suppose :)

Great these old little hatches are. Funnily enough I've just had a Forge adjustable actuator come so 22psi running direct is what I'll also be running soon!

thats more like it fella get some boost in that engine i also believe a manifold change is really worth it

You ought to get yourself a spanner T9 :D

:bigsmile: Sounds like a good idea MA! Tell me, do Armani do one of those spanner thingamabobs? :lol:

Aye big gains (20-30hp proven, and better response) but that's low down on the agenda tbh, just payed out for a holiday to Mexico, have insurance and MOT for the Fiesta to pay the end of April. Zircotec coated JEK manifolds are £965 IIRC!

Sounds like a good idea MA! Tell me, do Armani do one of those spanner thingamabobs?

Think Armani is mostly for spanners? :D :D :D