My 1.2 Renault Clio ^^

P.s. I am not a chav, merely just somebody that is bored with their slow first car

I like it personally, am open to criticism / comments

P.s. I KNOW I need to get some side trim , I also know I need the bonnet to be sprayed, but it will cost me a fair bit and is not important :)

I had just washed the car and realized I had no pictures of it as such

Photo-0048.jpg

Photo-0049.jpg

Photo-0050.jpg

Photo-0051.jpg

Photo-0052.jpg

Photo-0053.jpg

Photo-0054.jpg

Photo-0055.jpg

its nice a good first car 1.2 is not bad for first car also leave the bonnet u will find it in car park haha. What you planning on doing to it sound system i wouldnt do anything other than maybe a clean and a replacment filter because you would probly lose torque lower down the rev range.

I got an Induction filter, ermm, Pioneer 4x50w MOSFET head unit, Fusion Door speakers and 2 rear Fusion C4 6X9s and a Juice 500W 2 Channel AMP, the sound quality is EXTREMELY crisp and loud :)

Will get some inside pictures at some point :)

cool mate, when i got my rover and fitted a k&n filter on the inlet lol i lost loads of power so i used piping to go from the inlet all the way down to where the right fog light was, then i popped a filter on the the difference was amasing the cost not including the filter was about 120 for the piping and fixings ect not bad really plus looked really smart.

Also its nice to have another low litre on here haha

:D...

So you had a filter on the end of the throttle body and a breather down to the fog light?

I was going to do that, but never got round to doing it because my air filter is located at the rear of the engine :(...

Once I get the cold in their, it will perform well I'm sure.

I did try one of those small resistor's on the MAF, and that actually took out all of the flat spots lower down the RPM.. but it used more fuel ;)

Yeh, nice to see you on here too :D!

doesnt look too bad with the bonnet but you really need to take all the trim off and fill or replace the missing parts. also get the bumpers coded as tht looks really bad and i dont know why manufactures still leave them black

Hi mate, definately seen and heard you round time. Friday you drove up broad street towards the seafront - see I'm watching you! :lol:

The wheels look good. The front looks a little high IMHO, perhaps get some nice suspension for it.

I KNEW that you would have seen me around at some point :D (wouldnt have been between 2-5pm would it)?

The wheels, I clean twice a week to keep them nice, they are a good 3 months old now :). Yeh I said that the front looks high, so did AutoBase, but my dad said it wasn't. The garage that I had my MOT done at must have fitted the wrong springs when they did my MOT :(

I'm thinking of getting it lowered if I do get anything done to it at all :)

Is there anything under the bonnet you recommend that I get done, or would you say I should wait till I get a new car first :)?

I KNEW that you would have seen me around at some point :D (wouldnt have been between 2-5pm would it)?

The wheels, I clean twice a week to keep them nice, they are a good 3 months old now :). Yeh I said that the front looks high, so did AutoBase, but my dad said it wasn't. The garage that I had my MOT done at must have fitted the wrong springs when they did my MOT :(

I'm thinking of getting it lowered if I do get anything done to it at all :)

Is there anything under the bonnet you recommend that I get done, or would you say I should wait till I get a new car first :)?

You'd prob be best off waitin till you get another car. There's not much potential in a 1.2. You'd spend more money just tryin to find those few extra ponies...:D

:D

Well I was thinking of getting either an MG ZR 1.8 (115bhp) or the MG ZR 2.0 TDI or the Renault Clio 1.6 16v as these are all reasonable on the insurance, but I am still unsure at the moment :(

Regards

id keep that for a bit mate, then drop another engine in at some point, much more satisfying than just buying another car, because at some point you WILL want to make that one faster too! lol
id lower it 40mm, remove the bumpstrips an fill the recess left, colour code the bumpers and spray the bonnet black. also take the headlights apart and spray the insides black (not the reflectors though!), some smoked rear lights and side repeaters an it'll look well moody! strip out the rear and lob in a 1.8 16v lump and you'll be grinning ear to ear mate!

Sounds like some good suggestions you have there :D

main reason I wanna get rid of it though, is that because it's an old car, more and more things are to go wrong with it now aren't there.. Wheel bearings are going... shocks are going... :(

I'd get a new car instead of trying to mod a 1.2. All the money you'll spend won't really give much gain. If you drop in a new engine you'll have to upgrade the brakes and the suspension as well.

wheel bearings are 20 minute jobs and cheap as hell! suspension will be new if your lowering it anyways, any car will have its niggles, especially if its driven hard!
brake conversions are cheap as chips and a piece of p*ss to do! all you have to do is find a compatible 2.0 in the renault range (think laguna, megane etc) and swap em over.
people get scared of doing engine transplants because they think theyre hard to do and come with lots of difficulties, but done right, its actually not that hard, and every bit as reliable as a car that came with the engine from the factory!

But then insurance will be higher because you have modified the car?

Also... it sounds as the vacuum in the engine is screwed as it hisses away...

Jap cars are the way mate! Jap cars are reliable and tend to be tuned quite easily. What would you want from the next car?

And yes, engine conversions can be done quite easily as can brake conversion. But don't forget he'll have drums at the back which means stripping the entire unit. A big brake conversion is not cheap if you really do want huge brakes.

Yeh I got drums at the back ;)

hehe

Ermm, what do I want?

I want something that will fly round corners like my car does (When I have decent tyres and not these budget pieces of crap that came with the alloys. My old almost illegal tyres were much better) and something that is under 9s 0 - 60 :)

Preferably lower than Cat 12 on the insurance too :D

I am 17, almost 18... so it will be expensive :p

you dont need HUGE brakes, just ones that are up to the job! a 2.0L brake conversion will be fine, dont forget the car will weigh a good 500kg's less than a big car, especially if its stripped out! drums are NOT bad brakes! i know people runing 290BHP corsa LET's still on standard rear drums! in a small car, unless your going mental with power, massive brakes are just not needed!
Jap cars have never been my thing, although i have to admit i do have a soft spot for the old CRX's. 1.6 VVTI's shift ! lol

Corsa sport mate. 1.6 is group 12 iirc, shifts very nicely indeed and is easily tunable, however no smallengine is really worth tuning, cheapest route to more power is almost always an engine conversion lol.
il be dropping a 2.0 16v Redtop into a corsa b early next year, il post up a WIP thread so you can see just how easy it is!

I'd go with the zr 1.8 out of them but to be honest there is a lot more cars out there. You just have to do research an you'll find a good car that matches your need..

Corsa sport is cat 13 but it is also the new shape corsa and I think they look disgusting. :)

That thread sounds interesting :D!

i mean the old shape mate, definately corsa b, i had the corsa sport 1.4 (with intention of dropping redtop in but another project came up lol)

basically until 94/95 it was corsa sri (1.4) and gsi (1.6) after 95 they became known as corsa sports!

an i agree, the corsa c and d's are MINGING! well, with the exception of the new corsa VXR nurburgring! lol

how bout the old fiat punto 1.4 gt. good little car and a very tunable little motor, as its a turbo u can get a remap and get an extra 30/40 bhp out of it. no point getting an induction kit for a 1.2 as it will not increase performance! air filters only provide a gain in performance for big engines that need masses of air. a punto gt is insurance group 14 but if u have any ncd it shouldnt be so bad! i wouldnt go for the zr due to its massive unreliability and price of repairs,service n the depreciation, also what bout an old renalt 5 gtt. quite an ugly car, but when looked after its a beauty, and people who know car know that a gtt aint a crappy lil motor!

very true, but hey. for such a quality little motor. id be prepared to live with it! they do catch fire quite often which could be a bit of a problem. lol but if you keep it serviced and in good condition it should be fine! how much money would u have to spend?

Thanks for the advice guys, I didn't get the induction for any performance.. just for the sound :)

Errm,

I will be getting a loan (me and my brother are running a business soon, so I can pay off the loan quickly)... so around 3k :)